When You Gotta be Strong (r)

[2]

Kyra stood there emotionless, as she looked at her parents' lifeless bodies on the bed of the mortuary. Her eyes still puffy and red from crying throughout the night, sniffing as she tried to touch her parent's cold hands and stare in to their now closed eyes. She's wishing that this was just a nightmare, a horrible horrible nightmare...

but no....

her tears started to form again, the hot liquid from her eyes ran down her cheeks and some dropped onto her mother's hand. She stood up, she can't take it anymore. She decided to go outside of the room, about to sit down again on the benches there, she stopped in her tracks as she saw two familiar faces already sitting and waiting there.

"Kyra!" Her mother's sister, her Aunt May quickly went to her and hugged her tight. She was too lost to process all of this but she ended up giving her Aunt a slight smile as she pulled away.

"Aunt May, Jenny...how did you know I was here?" Kyra asked.

"Someone from the hospital contacted us about what happened...Kyra...are you...okay?" Her cousin Jenny asked.

"No...but, I will be, just..not now I guess."

"We came here as fast as we could, this must be a lot to take in." Kyra saw in her Aunt's eyes that she just came from crying as well, Aunt May is her mother's older sister, she and her daughter, Jenny, were the only ones living together for the time being since she and her husband got divorced.

"I just...can't believe they're gone. They said they were gonna come home right away...how...?" Her Aunt pulled her in for another hug to calm her down. After awhile they pulled away.

"At least you guys are here." Kyra said, still sniffing but managed to force out a smile to the both of them.

"Excuse me." All three of them looked as they heard someone call out, they saw a police officer approach them. "Are you by any chance related to the patients that got involved in the car accident?" he asked.

"Y-yes." Kyra answered.

"Miss, may I ask you to come with us to retrieve some of the belongings the patients had left in their car..."

"Oh, sure."

"This way please." The officer guided them to the police car where they drove to the police station.

As they got their, the officer guided them to a desk where a detective was seated. The three of them took as seat as he greeted them.

"Good evening officer." Her Aunt May greeted back.

"I'm truly...sorry for your loss..." he said as he looked sympathetic towards them. "We called you here to retrieve some belongings that survived the accident. Here they are." He handed some things that they've placed in a bag, Kyra took them from his hands.

Kyra opened the bag carefully, being careful not to let her tears fall again. As she opened it, a various of things were in their, her mom and dad's wallet with their ID's. All of it were her parents' personal belongings, until she took one that she knew wasn't her parents'. A certain jacket that immediately caught her eye. As she inspected it, she felt her tears forming again. It was the one thing she's been bugging her parents for for months. An EXO official concert jacket.

"Kyra...?" She felt her aunt's hands on her shoulder.

"Th-this jacket..." she sniffed "I-I've always been annoying them to get this jacket for me ever since I graduated...d-did they just...buy this for...me?" Kyra hugged it tight. "I-It's my fault...It's my fault they're gone." she was muttering to herself.