Chapter 1

Chapter 1- My life- so far...

 EDITING IN PROGRESS

Hi, my name is Kayla and my mom and I are nature freaks. Its a little ridiculous but my mom doesnt think so. We love absolutly everything that has to do with nature. Our house doesnt even look like a house to some of my friends, it looks like a greenhouse.

I REALLY love animals, so when i was little, my parents built me a little barn in our backyard(which goes pretty far seeing how the whole forest is my backyard...) for me to put the injured animals that i rescue in. Not long after that, maybe a year or so, my dad disapeared. Ever since then my mom gets really upset everytime i accidentally mention him. Since i dont eat meat,(who would want to eat an innocent creature? (i mean really!)

Its really hard too fit in with the rest of my school. I only have one friend, Elsa,(and no, she is not who i know you are thinking of right now, that is just her name) because besides me, she has no friends either. And we both really LOVE animals, so she comes over every day to help in my barn. We are both taking classes to become veterinarians.  

We (my mom and I,) were driving home after one of our annual camping trips when i realized i had forgotten my favorite t-shirt back at the camp ground. " Mom! I totally forgot my favorite tee back in the picnic area near the campsite! We have to go back and get it! I pleaded. "Whoa honey, i cant just turn around near this cliff! Plus there are no barriers to prevent cars from falling off. Why dont we wait untill we get to the visitor center to turn around?" she replied. " No mom! We have to get it before someone else throws it away or takes it! There are no cars on the road, why dont we turn around here? Itll be quick. I promise." i said. " ok. You win." she said as she made a quick u-turn into the other lane. " see? That wasnt so bad. No one even saw it." i said and sighed. I have to admit, that was a little scary. But i knew we would be fine. Now heres the important thing, getting my favorite tee back. " hey mom, after we get my tee back can w....." i was cut off by the sound of my own scream as my mom and i tumbled down the cliff in our car. A doe had leaped from the side of the cliff, right in front of us. To avoid hitting it, my mom swerved of the cliff. I was still buckled into my seat when the car crashed to the cliffs bottom and everything went black.