Chapter 14- 'My Future'

Ross' P.O.V

I was so confused.

Everyone was talking in a weird way, And all I could do was sit, holding Hailey's hand, who was just as silent as me.

I felt her tense at certain points at their super loud voice, and really furious looks.

They would shout looking at her sharply from there to then and all she did was look down, nodding, or just gulping.

With us, sat her father's family. Her grandparents, her aunt Mia, Ruby, a guy I don't seem to recognize, and a brunette who seemed about our age, whom was also trying his best to avoid the loud conversation by looking around the house.

It was seriously awkward for me since I haven't even introduced myself. And I could see Hailey's father smiling at both of us from a distance, with a look of astonishment as he was clearly surprised by Hailey's visit. The only thing pulling him away from a hug was them keeping Hailey's journey of education a secret.

Which was very fortunate since her mother informed us that they came here all of a sudden, a few hours ago.

The only person whom I found a bit civilized and calm, was the young, brunette. He was just as irritated, it was drawn all over his face. Although his age seemed the mischievous kind of life period, just like Hailey.

His eyes fixed on us, sending a small smile. He seemed nice, unlike them.

"Hailes," I whispered, curiosity taking all over me, making her look up, "who's this."

She waved at him discreetly from across the room, returning the smile. "That's Felix. He's my cousin. Mia's son."

Hailey quickly turned away from me, hearing her name come from the man, sitting next to Felix. Her hands immediately shook lightly, building up concern inside me.

Who is this guy?

"He used to touch me ways I wouldn't want anyone to do. He abused me, and hurt me. h-He's my uncle. Ruby's brother."

Oh fuck.

That must be Daniel. I remember her telling me about him way long ago.

I suddenly heard her angelic strange accent as she spoke foreign with her family. I heard my name come out a bit, but couldn't care less. The way her words slipped out of her mouth made me almost drool over her.

It was strange. It was beautiful.

"Are you Jason's friend?" I heard her grandfather talk looking at me.

They talked English for once, I was finally less confused.

"Well, me and Jason get along pretty well, but I'm also Hailey's boyfriend."

"Hailey's boyfriend?!" They all said in Union, confused looks on their faces.

"Y-yeah," I paused tightening my grip on her hand to let her relax. "We've been together for over a year now."

I saw Daniel turn to his brother, Mr. Eldon, disappointment written all over him. "Do you approve of this?"

I could see they talked in English in order to let me understand, maybe plans of irritating or pissing off, but I couldn't be more proud to tell them I have a girlfriend as beautiful as Hailey, inside and outside.