I Hang my Head and Cry- SasuHina (TWO-SHOT)

Sasuke crept closer to Hinata. He seemed to hesitate for a moment, but nevertheless placed a hand on her shoulder.

"That was a really stupid thing for you to do..." Hinata  blushed in shame and embarrassment.

 "A-ah...I-I just d-didn't w-want to s-see you get hurt...t-that is--um-- a-again..." As she said this, she glanced at both Naruto and Sakura. Naruto was recovering from his shock and guilt, but scowled the instant  he saw Sasuke glaring at him.

"What do you--" "N-Naruto-kun," Naruto was cut off short when he heard his name. He turned to Hinata. 

"Yes, Hinata-chan?" he asked. Hinata inhaled slowly,  glancing at Sasuke when he retracted his hand and nodded to her. She smiled in acknowledgement, glad to know that the raven-haired male knew where she was going with this.

"I-I'm breaking up with you," Everything went silent. Naruto choked on his saliva, coughing harshly. "Y-you what?" he said, finally, not comprehending. 

"I'm....b-breaking up with you," Hinata restated in a firm yet gentle voice. Naruto looked as if he was about to cry.

"W-why?" he choked out. 

Hinata felt tears slipping out of her eyes. "Y-you've hurt m-me t-too much....a-and...i-if you r-really t-think that I mean n-nothing t-to you, then...t-then..." At this point, Hinata was overflowing with tears. She fought desperately, trying to wipe them away, but they just. wouldn't .stop. She felt as if her heart was being ripped apart, piece by piece. 

Hinata gulped back a sob. "Then it's goodbye forever, Naruto-kun..." With that, she hid behind Sasuke. Naruto reached out his bruised hand. "H-Hinata... I--" Sasuke glared daggers at him, as if daring for him to continue further. He turned to Sakura. "We're over Haruno," 

Sakura screeched. "W-WHAT?!!!!"Sasuke remained poker-faced, all the while bending down and picking up the engagement box. He glanced up at Sakura. "Do you know what this is?" Sasuke opened the box, revealing the most gorgeous diamond any woman would die for. Sakura, mouth agape in desire and awe, nodded. Sasuke smirked. "I was going to propose to you today, but seeing as you only went out with me for my money, you don't even deserve it," Sakura whimpered. 

"W-what? B-but then...who are you going to give it to? You don't even need it!"

Sasuke closed the box, putting it in his suit. "That's none of your concern," He turned to Hinata, staring into her eyes. "Let's go, Hyuga," Hinata nodded, sniffling a bit. 

Sakura cried. "W-wait, Sasuke-kun!!! No, don't go!!!" Naruto turned to Sakura, a smile on his face. "Don't you worry, Sakura-chan! I'll buy you an even bigger diamond ring!" Sakura deadpanned. 

"With what money?" she asked. Naruto rubbed the back of his neck. "W-well--" 

"Forget it, you baka,"

Naruto sighed.

"I love you,"

"Shut up."

"...okay..."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

2 YEARS LATER...

 Hinata checked the clock a second time since she arrived. "H-he said t-that he w-was almost h-here..."she whispered to herself.  Hinata 'eeped' as arms wrapped themselves around her. She blushed."Did you wait long?" a voice asked from behind. "N-not at a-all...!" she sputtered out. She felt a warm pair of lips on her head. "That's great," he said, sitting down next to her.

She placed two bento boxes in between them. "Oh, right. Before I forget," She looked at him in question.

"I..."

She stood up abruptly. "Y-yes?!" Surprise was evident on Sasuke's face, but nevertheless continued. 

H-he's going to...! H-he's about to...! She thought in excitement. 

"I bought you flowers,"he said, holding up a bouquet of roses.

.

.

.

"Ah. T-thank you, Sasuke-kun...!" she said, trying not to sound disappointed.

She took the flowers gratefully, and placed them beside her on the sheet.

The next few minutes were silent, as they began to eat. 

"Itadakimasu,"

"I-Itadakimasu,"

Sasuke savored his onigiri loudly. Dropping a few 'mmm's ' and 'aaah's' here and there.

Hinata laughed in amusement, picturing how others would react to seeing Sasuke eat. Just as Sasuke was about to bite his onigiri again, he stopped and turned to Hinata. "What's wrong?" he asked. Hinata just kept laughing. "You--y-you --that way t-that you s-savored --hahaha!!!" Sasuke pretended to be offended. "That's not funny," he said, glaring daggers at her. "Stop laughing,"

But Hinata paid no heed and continued to laugh, tears springing out of her eyes. 

"I said, STOP LAUGHING!" he yelled, tackling her playfully on the grass. 

Sasuke smiled when he saw Hinata's terrified face. "Who's laughing now?" He chuckled and stood up, reaching out for her hand. Hinata took it slowly.

They both sat down on the picnic sheet. Sasuke laid his head down on Hinata's lap. Even though Hinata was as red as a tomato, she decided to let it be. She stroked his hair, feeling how soft his hair actually was.

Sasuke stood up abruptly, causing Hinata to break the daze that she was in. 

"S-Sasuke-kun? W-what's wrong?" she asked in confusion. "Hinata..." "Yes?" she answered softly.

"Are...are you...happy....with me....?" He asked in a whisper. Her eyes widened as she stood up. 

"O-of course!!! I-I love you! W-why wouldn't I be h-happy?" Sasuke smiled at her and stood on one knee. W-what is he doing....? she thought in confusion. "A-are you going to s-sing?" Oh boy, was she dense! Sasuke dropped his head. Then, he stared into Hinata's eyes with a seriousness that she had never seen before. 

"Ever since my mother's death, I never knew what love was. I never thought that someone would be able to love a jerk such as me..." His eyes looked away for a second, almost as if he was contemplating whether or not to continue. "But now, I know what love is, because you are in my life. I've wanted to feel what it would be like to have a family for a very long time. So...I'm asking you this, Hinata.... will you marry me? I promise that from this day forward, I will make you the happiest woman alive. I want to stay by your side, forever," Hinata's heart dropped as he opened the engagement box. She looked from the ring to him.

"Y-you...want t-to stay w-with me ...forever?" she asked, her voice breaking. 

Sasuke nodded. "Of course,"

"B-but why me....?" she asked, tears engulfing her face. 

Sasuke stood up quickly, placing a hand on her face and wiping the tears away. "Damn it, I'm not very good at these things... Hinata..." She looked into his eyes. "It's because I love you so much...so please...will you marry me?" He stood on one knee.

Hinata choked back her sob, and hugged him, squeezing him tightly.

"Yes! Oh, yes! Of course I-I would!!!"

Unknown to Hinata, Sasuke was also crying. 

"Thank you, Hinata..."

~'~THE END~'~

THANK YOU, EVERYONE WHO READ THIS!!! THANK YOU, THEYLOVEEMILY FOR THE WONDERFUL PLOT, AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!! PLEASE WAIT A LITTLE LONGER FOR THE NEW ACQUAINTANCES CHAPTER!!! THANK YOU!!!!! PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR NEW CHAPTERS, OR NEW ONE-SHOTS!!!