Chapter 16

I ended up waking up late since I hadn't slept in a long while. I woke with my head in my arms at the same library table that I fell asleep by.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, looking around in confusion. Luci was curled up in a ball on the seat next to me.

I gently tapped on his shoulder, making him yawn as he glanced up at me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me with squinted eyes.

"I've been here all night, haven't I?"

He shook his head slowly, looking as confused as me.

"I've been here pretty much all night. Zayn was in your room and I was not going near that."

"But..." I began before remembering the dream I had about waking up in Harry's room in the middle of the night. "So it wasn't a dream?"

"What was that?" Luci's ears perked up to hear me better but I just shook my head.

Had Harry really brought me to his room? Did he sleep on the piano bench while he let me sleep in his bed?

I looked down to my lap as a small smile spread across my face.

"Rose?" Luci asked slowly, making me look up at him with an even bigger smile on my face.

"He cares." I whispered softly, earning a confused look from Luci. "Someone cares about me."

"What about your mother?"

"She cares about my looks. I give her the benefit of the doubt and I still love her but I know how she sees me." I say as my voice cracks.

"What about your friends from across the street?"

I just shook my head at the ground. "They don't know me. You can't care for someone you don't know."

I couldn't help the tears brimming my eyes as I looked back up at Luci. "Someone cares, Luci. And it feels...great."

I abruptly stood from the table, running to the attic door, fumbling with the key around my wrist.

I ignored Luci calling my name as I ran up the stairs, finding Harry with a book in his hand, his back turned to me.

I sniffed quietly, making him turn to face me.

"Rosie?" A look of confusion spread across his face as I ran forward, wrapping my arms around his torso and burying my head in his chest.

I smiled as silent tears rolled down my face. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around me before lifting my chin with his fingers.

"Why are you crying?" He asked quietly, making more tears escape my eyes.

"Because of last night. Thank you." I spoke softly, but I knew he heard me when his features softened.

"I knew he would try to come in here...you were asleep, it was just wro-" he began rambling but stopped when I hugged him tight again.

"Thank you, Harry."

"Rose! Zayn is leaving, come say goodbye!" I heard my mom's shrill voice from downstairs.

I wiped all my tears away and looked down stairs. "I don't want to go." whispered to myself before slowly making my way back into the library.

I turned to find Harry behind me, slightly transparent.

I gave him a questioning look but he only shook his head.

I walked downstairs to the front door with Harry right behind me.

"Goodbye, Rose. Thank you for letting me spend the night in your room. It was very...interesting." Zayn spoke with a smirk, making my eyebrows furrow.