Chapter 1

Aryan looked at the stretcher. His wife, Sameera, lay there. He hoped that she would survive till the time they got to Bombay Hospital.

Only if I would've been there on time.

The ambulance door opened. The staff swiftly but carefully removed the stretcher from the ambulance van. Aryan rushed with the staff into the hospital, until he wasn't permitted into the room.

Dr. Naina was just leaving from the hospital and spotted Aryan. Another patient. She shrugged. From past two years, she had developed a soft spot for the patients.

Aryan didn't care. He still shuddered at the thought where he had found Sameera. Marine Drive. Till now, we had all good memories of Marine Drive. But today... please God, I don't want any bad memories of that place.

He badly needed God's blessing today. Like he had helped ten minutes ago. An ambulance was just returning from the city, Aryan waved like an idiot and it stopped. An empty one. He was very lucky.

Next ten minutes seemed impossible for him. He tried his best to avoid the negative thoughts. The police arrived. An F.I.R. was lodged. They waited for the doctor's verdict. Hoping it not to be a murder. The doctor came. Their fears turned to be true.

***

Dr. Naina was walking through the same place where she had seen Aryan. She heard two hospital staff talking to each other.

" Yesterday, Dr. Sharma had a high profile case."

" Yes I have been hearing about it."

" The patient died."

" Oh God! She died in the ambulance?"

" No! She died after arriving in the hospital."

" But how did she die? Suicide? Homicide? Dowry case? Depression?"

" Nahi re! She died because the bullet hit the stomach."

" What? Do you have any idea how did it hit her?"

The other person lowered his voice. " I am not sure but I have heard Raghav did it."

" Raghav! You mean that underworld don?"

" Yes. That's is what written in the F.I.R."

He laughed. " You think police can catch him? We have lost the count of how many cases are lodged against him."

Dr. Naina had left the place. She felt she needed to meet this person. Her instincts told her he would definitely help her.