Chapter 22

Aryan applied the brakes as they had reached Navi Mumbai. Except for a security check at the Pune-Mumbai Expressway, they had a smooth drive.

Aryan and Naina got down from the car. Naina sat on the driver's seat while Aryan looked at her. Naina asked him, "I guess you have some questions to ask."

Aryan nodded. Naina secured her seatbelt and said, "Aryan, today I won't be able to answer your questions. I will meet you tomorrow. Is that okay?"

Once again, Aryan nodded.

Strange fellow.

Naina smiled and left. Aryan walked slowly to his room. He had booked one room till he stayed in Mumbai. He reached his cupboard and took out a bracelet.

"Sameera, I promise, nothing will happen to yo-"

"Ar-Aryan, bracelet," whispered Sameera as she clutched her stomach where the bullet had hit her. Aryan looked at her bracelet.

"What happened? You have been shot. You are worried about bracelet?"

Sameera took a deep breath. "Aryan, I don't have much time. This i-is very important. If this is l-lost then t-this sacrifice is worthless."

"Sacrifice? You are going to live for another hundred years. Do you hear that?"

"Avenge... me... Aryan... Avenge me. I can... feel... feel... the burn... inside me... please promise me."

He looked at one of the beads of bracelet. It had a faint line at its diameter. He pulled the bead apart near that faint line. It was a small pendrive. He took his laptop and switched it on. The screensaver on his laptop spoke thousand words.

 The screensaver on his laptop spoke thousand words

He connected her pendrive to the laptop. Only one video was present in the pendrive. He clicked on it. For next few minutes, he couldn't believe what he was looking.

This... this is impossible. This video can help getting justice to Sugandha.

***

Naina parked the car and got down. She walked towards the entrance of the apartment when she saw a familiar face.

"Hitesh!" Naina cried and ran to him. She wanted to hug him but stopped herself. Maybe it wasn't the right time.

Hitesh looked at her and asked, "Come, let's go to your flat."

Naina nodded. They boarded the lift and waited patiently for the lift to stop at their floor. The lift stopped and they stepped out. Naina opened the lock and they went into the flat.

Hitesh closed the door and asked, "It seems you had gone out somewhere."

Naina replied, "Yes, I had gone to Pune to meet Abdul and Karim."

"Tell me the complete story," demanded Hitesh.

"I am telling the truth. I went to Pune to meet Abdu-"

"Abdullah," Hitesh cut her sentence.

Naina gulped. "Listen Hitesh, I tried talking to you but you were least interested in it."

"So? You will execute it with someone named Noor or Fatima?"

"Fatima. Actually she is, I am sorry, he is Aryan. By the way, who gave you this information?"

Hitesh took the remote that was kept on the table and switched on the television. He tuned to news channel and said, "You can have a look if you want."

Naina looked at him. She had a fair idea that by the time she would reach Mumbai, the news would be flashing on television screens.

She looked as Hitesh shook his head and walked out. Naina cried out, "Hitesh, stop. Where are you going?"

Hitesh left without answering her question. Naina clutched her forehead. What happened to him? I thought he will come back. How will I answer Aryan?