Chapter 2

Naina spotted Dr. Sharma taking round on the floor. Naina walked quickly towards him. " Dr. Sharma! Kaise ho aap?"

" Dr. Naina! I am good. Aur aap?"

" I am fine. I heard that... you... had a high profile case... or something like that?" asked Naina. She was little nervous about asking him about the case.

" That case was a tough one."

" Tough one?"

" Chances of patient surviving was zero."

" Zero? But cardiologists give those electric shocks..."

" That is when the heart stops pumping blood. In this case, the bullet was lodged in her abdomen."

" But we can remove the bullet, can't we?"

" The bullet tore her stomach lining. The acid in her stomach started consuming her body, from inside."

Naina couldn't hear more. She left the place. I know that Raghav did it deliberately.

***

Aryan looked at the calm waters of Arabian Sea. Marine Drive had many memories of their life. He felt jealous. His mind was currently facing an inner turmoil.

The police aren't cooperating with me. I don't know anyone here. How will I avenge your death? For that I must know why that Raghav person killed you, Sameera. But those were your last words.

Her last words was ringing in his mind. Her desperate plea; at the same place.

Avenge... me... Aryan... Avenge me. I can... feel... feel... the burn... inside me... please promise me.

Naina walked to him. " I am Dr. Naina, psychiatrist."

Aryan looked at her, surprised. " I am Aryan. But I am mentally fit."

Naina smiled. " I know that you are mentally fit but I am here for a different reason."

Aryan said, " Different reason?"

Naina replied, " I have lost my loved ones due to Raghav. I want avenge his death. But I couldn't. I wanted someone's help. I couldn't find one. So I waited for two years. I have found you. You are the perfect one."

" Is that the reason?"

" Yes."

" But you haven't told your story."

Naina gazed the sky. " This is not the right time."

Naina walked away. Aryan was left alone, confused.