Chapter 1

Of course Alex and Jack loved each other. When anyone's been best friends for that long, it's not exactly uncommon. But Alex didn't love Jack the way Jack loved Alex, and that hurt Jack more than anything.

Yeah, it's true. Jack is in love with his best friend and band mate. It's hell. Aren't people supposed to be happy when they're in love? Not when you're gay and the person you love is a heterosexual male/your bff.

Jack thought everything was just so unfair. It was unfair that Alex had to be so goddamn perfect and beautiful. It was unfair that Jack had to be attracted to him. It was unfair that Alex had a girlfriend. It was unfair that Alex would kiss him on stage and hug him all the fucking time. Why Jack, of all people?

Ever since Jack had realized his feelings for Alex, he had done everything in his power to try and make it go away. Hooking up pretty much every night and drinking until he couldn't see straight were the two most common tactics he used to try and forget. They didn't work. Maybe for a moment, but no longer.

One night on the House Party tour Jack was feeling particularly depressed because Alex had kissed him during their set. It had been brief but Jack couldn't get it out of his mind and he wanted so much more. It was driving him insane.

"C'mon Jack," Alex said. "Let's put our shit in the hotel room so we can get to the bar with everyone else."

Jack sighed. He really wasn't in the mood to go anywhere, but getting hammered sounded appealing. He followed Alex into their room and put his duffel bag on the floor in front of the bed. Then he realized there was only one bed in the room.

"Dammit," Alex said. "They messed it up. Oh well, you don't care do you Jacky?"

"Yeah, it doesn't matter." Jack said. Great.

At the bar, Jack was sitting on the stool downing another shot of tequila. He knew he'd have a killer hangover in the morning but the alcohol numbed the pain of feeling alone. He heard someone sit down next to him. It was Alex, aka the last person he wanted to talk to right now.

"Are you okay, bro?" he asked. Jack could tell he wasn't very drunk. Not as much as Jack, at least.

"Yeah," Jack slurred. Alex raised an eyebrow.

"I can tell when you're upset. You're not your usual insane self. You're acting all depressed. What's up?"

That's because I am depressed. "I'm fine, just tired," he replied. Half of that was true, at least.

"Me too man, do you want to head back to the room?"

Jack nodded and stood up. When they made it back, Jack kicked off his shoes and fell onto the queen size bed. Alex said something about showering and went into the bathroom. Jack sighed and closed his eyes.

He realized he had been dozing when he opened his eyes again to see a damp Alex standing there with his back to him. A towel was wrapped around his waist and he was bending over his suitcase. Jack stared at Alex's back dimples which he found really hot for some reason. Probably because they belonged to Alex.

Alex let his towel fall to the floor as he pulled on a pair of boxers. Jack took the oppourtunity to check out his best friend's ass. They had both seen each other naked many times before (there was even video documentation of them showering together) but Jack still was always amazed at Alex's beauty. Why did he have to be so fucking perfect? How he wished that Alex could be his and that he could hold him and kiss him whenever he wanted and not as a facade.

When Alex turned around Jack turned his head so he wouldn't be caught staring. He got into the bed next to Jack. Jack was laying with his back turned to Alex because he was afraid that in his drunken state he would start crying.