Two can be complete without the rest of the world

I went to grab Julian's hand to lead him out of the bar, but a few fangirls came out, shrieking for an autograph, and a picture.

Julian gave me a sorry face, but I knew this was part of his job.

"Julian can you sign my CD!!! Please." The girl says.

"Of course." Julian says, laughing. He looks awkward because he's never been good at this type of stuff. It's part of his charm.

The girls were slightly drunk, and when they asked for pictures they were all over him.

Deep down inside, I felt a hint a jealousy, which was annoying, considering everything that has happened with Julian.

"Alright I gotta go," Julian explains, pointing towards the door and me.

"Is she your girlfriend, Julian!? I want a picture!" The other blonde girl says, walking over to me.

I was flustered because I had never been in the spotlight like this, and I didn't want to be.

"Um-I" I try to explain.

"She's an old friend, but I'm sorry, we have a place we need to be." Julian explains, grabbing my hand and walking out, waving to the girls.

We walked out onto the sidewalk, not sure on where to go, his hand still holding mine, tight.

"Sooo."

"Where do you want to go?" Julian asks, "You know, to talk." he lets go of my hand.

"I'm not sure, my place, your place, a little coffee shop? Whatever you want." I explain, as Julian looked at me amazed.

"What?" I breathe out.

"I just can't believe I ran into you tonight. I missed you, so much." Julian says, looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

I stare at Julian, but something in the distance catches my eye. It's a young man, with shaggy blonde hair, secretly exchanging things with a young man.

It was River.

"Gia? Gianna." Julian exclaims, turning his head to see what I was looking at.

I push his shoulder, "Julian, I told you and the guys that you could never call me by my full name. It's awful." I explain, embarrassed.

Oh great, I have The Strokes to deal with, but I have an addict friend too. How come nothing can be easy in life. I'm just praying it's not actually River.

"What? Gianna, it's beautiful." Julian confesses, "You know-uh like you." Julian stutters, looking at the ground.

I smile to myself.

"Alright, Jules. Wanna go back to your place? Hopefully, Albert doesn't bring a girl back, while we're talking." I explain, laughing a bit.

Julian laughs, "I actually live alone, now." He says.

I really have missed everything.

"Oh, that's cool." I explain, looking a bit sad.

We walk to his apartment, and he unlocks the door, revealing a really nice place.