Chapter 1

The halls are dark. I really don't know what's happening anymore,Maven reacted as expected , there was still suspicion in his eyes though. I took this chance knowing what I could accomplish and more importantly what I could lose.
He turns left,and I follow. I feel like a puppy following my owner, I guess in a way I am. I pledged myself to him , and now we are together. Unstoppable. That is until all the lies crumble and we fall with them. He suddenly stops at a blank wall, we took many turns and twists in coming down here. Probably to disorient you,I think. He stares at me , as if trying to read me. I do the same, not knowing if this is a trap, if it is I know it will be my fault. I was stupid enough to follow him.
"I need to know if you are being sincere,Mare", he says.
"Maven, you hurt me very badly,not only me but your brother,and there is still a very long list, but you did something to me that I can't change"
His face is a mixture of confusion and anger, but there is also sadness. I can see it in his eyes, his blue eyes nothing like his fathers, they hold many secrets and I can see them being covered up. I can see the coldness of a fire brewing behind too , he is angry,but I keep speaking.
"What you did to me was horrible,not because you made me lie and kill, but because I let myself trust you.I let myself love you." At that he softens ,he lets out a breath,and looks at me square in the eye.
"I'm sorry"
Its my turn to be startled. He actually apologized. Those were words I would not expect the Maven before me to say. And right then, I see him, not the king he is now, but the boy I actually grew to love.
" I know I have changed , but I love you. I always did. My mother might make me do as she pleases ,but I have a heart of my own."