Chapter Three

A/N: Thank you so much for your support, and we apologize for the delay in updating. Suggestive content follows (non-explicit.) x

***

Lucius turned to face his wife, and Narcissa rested her hands on his cheeks, stretching up to meet his lips softly with her own. Lucius smiled at the feeling of her touch, sliding his arms around her thin frame to pull her close to him.

"We're free, my love," she breathed. "I'm so glad you're safe."

Lucius's smile widened. "We are," he replied happily. "He's gone."

Narcissa nodded. "He's gone, yes," she breathed, her lips brushing against his as she spoke, "and you can do whatever you choose. Whether that's with the Ministry or just staying here..." She kissed him gently and then gave his bottom lip a soft nip as she slid her arms around his neck, her chest meeting his.

"All I want to do right now is be with you." Lucius gave her a kiss before nuzzling his face into her neck. "I'm so glad I don't have to worry about being summoned away any longer," he whispered. He felt one of his wife's hands rub his back as the fingers of her other trailed through his hair.

"It's the best thing I could ask for—just having you here, not being afraid you'll be called away," she said. "Thank you for keeping your promise and coming home to me."

Lucius held Narcissa close to him, kissing the top of her head and squeezing her tightly. "I'll always come home to you," he said. "Always and forever."

"That's all I want," said Narcissa.

Lucius pulled back and kissed his wife's lips. "How do you feel about a bath?" he asked.

Narcissa smiled. "I believe that sounds perfect."

Lucius grinned. He took her hand in his own and guided her toward the bathroom, running the water when they arrived. He took his time undressing, aware that she was watching. When he'd finished, she stepped forward and trailed her fingertips down his bare torso.

"I'm glad to have you all to myself," she said.

Lucius closed his eyes, letting out an almost mute moan, enjoying the feel of her fingernails against his skin and longing to have more of her touch. When she drew back, he opened his eyes, eyeing her longingly as she began to undress and slowly reveal her perfect body. Lucius had always loved every part of her—on the inside and out—and knew how lucky he was to have her. In his mind, he'd been the luckiest chap of all at Hogwarts, and he was bloody proud of it. His wife was an absolute dream.

"And I'm glad I have you all to myself," he replied, his light-grey eyes remaining on her the entire time.

Narcissa stepped closer, her chest meeting his as she leaned up to kiss his jaw. "We've a lot to celebrate, you know."

Lucius gulped. "That we do," he replied, his voice low and playful. He swept her off her feet and stepped into the bath, sitting down with his arms around her.

Neither of them could resist the urge to surrender to the joy of their newfound freedom and make love. Afterward, as his pulse slowly returned to its normal rhythm, Lucius nuzzled his face into Narcissa's neck, kissing it a few times before sighing contently against her skin.

"I love you," he breathed. "I'm so glad he's gone, so that now we can live peacefully together as a family."

"I love you," Narcissa said softly. "So much." As she spoke, he felt her fingers skimming through his hair. "Nothing can get in the way of us having the lives we want to, now. We can just be together and be happy."