Chapter Eight.

* Louise's POV *

Never in her wildest dreams would she have thought this was were life would've gotten her. With her best friend, his fiance, and her own little girl. And she even named her Darcy. She loved the boys just as much as Louise did, calling them ' Uncle Bear ' and ' Uncle Philly ' due to Louise calling them that repeatedly. But she could tell they didn't mind, watching her with such admiration in their eyes, she was sure they were going to adopt a little one of their own some day, but for now, she'd just enjoy the moment. She watched as Darcy raced around the park, chasing the birds that sang at her in annoyance, but always came back eventually, adding to the chase, and adding to her happiness.

"Lou?" 

She looked behind her, at the bench where she had left the boys to kiss and cuddle, despite the looks they received, but she always frightened that person off if they tried to talk them off for doing so in a public place. If they didn't like it, they could buzz off.

"LOU!"

She jumped a little, giving them a sheepish smile as she went on over and joined them, looking back to make sure Darcy was safe before coming to his side.

"Sorry, chummy, I was a little preoccupied inside my mind, if you couldn't tell, thoughts are buzzing all around. Without what I have to do, and all that, now, what was it?"

She hummed and observed their posture, they weren't slumped, rather cuddled and shaped into each other, molded really, Phil carefully supporting Dan, and it made her smile at how happy Dan seemed, even when he did something as simple as rubbing his thumb over his knuckles unknowingly. She tuned back in, noticing that Phil's mouth had been moving, and smiled quickly to make sure they hadn't known she's flown off into her own mind, but the look on Dan's face was enough evidence to know that he knew, but wasn't going to rat her out, to which she dipped her head at him once.

But of course, she had no idea what he'd said, but before see could explain so, Dan piped up, carefully explaining what had already been said.

"Phil wants us to have a best friend day, you know? He'll watch Darcy, with the help of Carrie, of course, and we can just have an us day, how does that sound Lou? Hmm?"

She looked at them for a moment, then back behind her at the small bundle of joy that had began to bound back towards them, blue eyes bright, and smile even brighter, her blonde curls bouncing with every step she took. Yes, she'd like to have a day with Dan, but she didn't know if she could just leave Darcy in the hands of his fiance, despite knowing how capable he was with children, she just wasn't too sure. But eventually she came to a decision.

"I think that sounds like a fantastic idea, but instead, Carrie watches Darcy, and Phil, you can come with us. We can have a threesome."

Her cheeks reddened as she realized what she had said, with truly innocent intentions. Phil had obviously heard her, but had decided not to comment on it, cheeks reddening on his pale features, and eyes darting downwards. Now she began to feel ashamed when he did so, but slowly, ever so slowly she looked up and made eye contact with Dan, and not even a second after, she lost it.

"OH MY GOD LOUISE YOU ARE SO RIDICULOUS." 

She had burst out in jolly laughter, snorting and chortling, holding her tummy and trying to catch her breath, and Dan joined her, falling off the bench onto the ground, and before long, she'd joined him, Darcy having finally reached them, having no idea what was going on, but decided to join them, laughing joyfully and falling on top of Dan, who wrapped his arms around her and held her close. Phil was the only one not laughing, confused and looked uncomfortable, chuckling nervously at first, before it became more genuine, and before to long, he'd joined the odd squad on the ground.