Chapter 4

Now that his mom and the children were out of the room he didn’t know how to act about the situation with the Jane Doe. She seemed to be disoriented but who could blame her. She has been out for weeks now.

“I’m Connor Lawrence, the alpha of this pack. We found you at our border a little over a month ago. I need some answer from you. I need…” he was interrupt but the sound of someone entering the room

“Alpha, I’m sorry I couldn’t come sooner Devon’s sons got in a fight once again and I had to patch them up.”

“Again with those two idiots, I will go have a little talk with them. I guess I will come back later for those answer, miss.” With this said he turn around and let the doctor alone with the girl.

The doctor let out a sigh of exasperation before turning around to face the girl.

“Don’t worry child, I’ll just look if everything is alright and I’ll let you sleep. All of this must be pretty new and disorienting for you but don’t be scared. You’re in good hands.”

The girl tried once again to speak but the doctor could see it was useless; no words would come out of her. He suspects the gravity of what have been done to her had left her mute at less for the time being.

“Don’t try if it’s too hard for you. Your voice will come back in time.” Hopefully he added silently “For now you have to center your energy on getting well.”

He could see the desperation and determination in her eyes. She’s a fighter that’s for sure. It was clear to see.  “I’m going to take a quick look to see how your healing is doing and I will be out of your hair.” He took his time not to scare her and just as he expected the brand left a slightly decoloured scar that if he was right wouldn’t go away. Never again would she have flawless skin like the others. It saddens him to see the length of what people could do to another. 

Connor was exhaust once he finally reaches his room. Ever since Marcus and Tybalt had reached the coming of age they had done nothing but getting in fights over anything and everything. It was getting worse and he didn’t know what else to do to stop them for good. Everything he had done so far never lasted. Not only did he had to found a solution for Devon’ sons but he also had to worry about the girl with the Hunter’s brand. Now that she had finally awakes he would have some of the answers he was looking for. But it would have to wait because nothing would work, and certainly not his brain, until he had at less a couple of hours of sleep in his body. He didn’t even take the time to take of his clothes or lifting his covers. He felt right into a dreamless sleep the second his head hit his custom feather pillows.

As soon as he woke up he could hear the women of the pack gossiping away as they were preparing breakfast for everyone. He knew he had to prepare to be bombard by questions about the waking of Jane Doe whom he still hadn’t learn the name. He took longer than usual time to wash and change before going down to confront them. And as he guessed he didn’t had step foot in the kitchen yet and everyone turned around to look at him.

“Alpha, what is going to happen now that she is awake?”

“I don’t know yet, Kitty” he answer Sheldon’s mate and wife

“Can we go see the lady?”  Asked pleadingly Amelia while her brother and she made their best puppy eyes they could. It was quite comical. He didn’t know why she seems to have formed a greater bond with the Jane Doe than the other pups but it was an undeniable bond at less from the small girl part. And Connor found himself unable to refuse her request. Beside he did want to ask her questions.

“Did you ask you mama first?” She quickly turned around to face her mother and looked at her with once again her best puppy eyes.  As Connor, her mother couldn’t resist the sneaky attack.