Chapter 3

On the side you will find the song "Wake Me Up" from The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus which I had on repet almost all the time while writing this chapter and a picture of how I imagine little Amelia.

 Thank you is not big enough to express the gratitude I have to all of you who read and vote/comment on my stories. It mean the world to me to know your opinion so again thank you.

-Vi-

Connor woke up from a scream on the higher level of the house. Still half asleep he quickly got out of his bed almost fall right on his face and made his way to the third floor. She’s awake. We must protect her! Protect her or protect the pack from what she could bring with her? He thought to himself as he run the stairs two at the time. Little by little he could hear the member of the pack also waking up, curious about who was screaming their lungs out at 3 am. The sight he found in the room wasn’t what he was expected. Little Amelia and Tommy were in a corner looking scared and disoriented and on the bed the girl was turning and twisting while crying and screaming incoherent things.

“Alpha!” both of them screamed in surprise at the sight of him

“Both of you go back to your room we will talk in the morning about that.”  

The two children looked at each other before running to get out of the room. They didn’t understand what was wrong with the sleeping lady. One minute she was quietly sleeping as peacefully as ever and the next one she was screaming and battling invisible demons.

Should he wake her up or let her sleep it off? He couldn’t decide what to do. He had already called the doctor over but he was getting anxious and his wolf was repeatedly telling him to go and help her. Finally he had enough and took the small step that was separated him from her and took place beside her on the bed and quickly before he change his mind he took her in his arms in hope to calm her down. Still fighting in his arms, he made smoothing sound close to her ear and continued to hold her to his chest.

“Alpha?...”

“Doc you have to do something.”

“Hold her still I will give her some anxiolytic.”

“Give her what?!” He asks taking her farther away from the doctor not sure if he was about to help her or hurt her

“Sedative son, only sedative. So hold her still.”  Connor felt a bit stupid for overreacting but she was making him very worry.   

He tightened his hold on her while the doctor approached to give her the injection. It took effect almost immediately. She stopped struggling in Connor arms and he could hear her breathing going back to normal. She was back to dreamless sleep. Slowly not to disturb her anymore Connor move out of the bed to meet the doctor outside the room.

“Care to explain what just took place in here?” He asked still keeping his eyes on the sleeping girl in the room. Although he was three decade younger that the doctor his tone let no space for disrespect and speak loudly of who held more authority.

“Well… well you see… although the child is heal on the outside, she still has a lot of healing to do on the inside” seeing as the alpha looked anything but satisfied by his answer he tried another approach. “…The girl seems to be stuck reliving the hell she escape.”

“Is there a way to stop it?”

“Not until she wakes up.”

“And when will that be?”

“That isn’t up to me”

“Will she be having those nightmares until then? Will she have to live through hell even when she wakes up? …Still no answer?”