Chapter 5

He had come in the early morning and at the sight of her sleeping soundly he hadn’t found the strength to wake her up. So he took the paper on the nightstand and when silently out of the room to read the letter in his office. And so he had read.

                                    -------------------------------------------------

“This is something hard to tell. I don’t know where to start as it is so unbelievable. I guess it all started when my sister smelled her mate. It was faint and so we thought it was because he was far but that wasn’t the reason. We came across this strange house that seemed more of a castle or a fortress than a house. The scent of Stella’s mate became stronger so we thought this was his pack house. It wasn’t. It was a trap to lure us inside hell. The moment we were inside we knew that. We tried to fight our way out but it was useless.

We found ourselves in the basement: trapped in a prison-like place. From our cell we could hear a bit of what was happening upstairs and it sound like they were training for an upcoming war.  

Stella was scared for herself, for me but also for her mate. She asked the guard about him. He laughed at her and told her that even if her mate was here he wouldn’t be alive long. She took it bad to say the less. She tried to jump on him but second later he had her by the throat against the brick wall. I tried to help her but he knocked me on the opposite wall. He left us without food for a couple of days, weeks maybe.

We were not the only one there. There was other cells with other wolfs from all age. We knew they were there but we never had contact with them. I guess we were lucky to still be together. As first we didn’t knew why the kept us like this but it became evident when they started to take some of us to others room that they were keeping us for experiment purposes. They made all sorts of experiments in the goal of the extension of our kind. They made experiment to try to kill our wolf part. When they would took someone from his cell and take him to the lab we could hear his screaming as they pull him into pieces to find what make him a wolf. They would try to impregnate some of the female wolf to take the fetus out and examine them. They also made experiment to kill our instinct that makes us recognize our mate. They would literately tear anyone of us apart in search of the thing that would end our race.

But their leader wasn’t satisfied with just that. If he took a liking to one of us female he would take her to his chamber and that was the end for her. Once he was tired with is “TOY” he would take her life.

We were there for what most be two or three months. I can’t tell for sure since we are no window to tell day from night. You must be wondering how I escaped… That was pure desperation. He had taken me as his “toy”. He had let me in his unlock room alone.  He thought I hadn’t enough strength to do much. I took my chance and run.”

                                    -------------------------------------------------

He couldn’t believe what he had read as he stared at the paper discard on his desk. He knew it wouldn’t be pretty but not to that extent. He could feel his wolf convulsing with rage. We need to hunt them down! No more victims from their hands!  He was more than willing to just do so but he knew he couldn’t just go head first without a plan. It would be like going blindfolded. Since he couldn’t hunt them down he decided that a hunt in the wood would be good to him and his wolf. He needed to let go of his anger before going to see Lyra. He didn’t want to frighten her more then she most already be. How could she not after all that she been through. He sensed that there was thing left out of her letter but he couldn’t confront her just yet about those. Not until he got rid of some of the steam.