Chapter 6

He couldn’t believe how close they really where from the Hunters if what Lyra said was truth. Now that he had a starting point he could make plan. He know the sooner the better.

“Shell, gather the other we have some planning to do. I’ll meet you and the other in the living room.” He didn’t wait for the answer he know Sheldon would do what he asked.

As he climbed the stair he could already hear her heart accelerate as he came closer. He once again didn’t have the time to wonder about it. At the door he could see her trying to get up on her own. He went to her in a heartbeat to help her up.

 “You should have wait for someone to help you up. You’re still not strong enough.” In her eyes he could see the answer, she wanted to be able to do it by herself. “You’re still recovering. You have to take it slow. Even if you don’t want to.” He couldn’t believe how soft and caring his voice sound in his own hears. For sure if Sheldon had hear him he would never hear the end of it. “I’ll help you down the stairs. We’ll meet the others in the other about what to do with the Hunters.” She nodded and places her arm on top of his and began slowly walking. By the end of the staircase he could see how much strength it took her as she look as if she would collapse any minutes. He took her in his arm and walk the last couple of steps with her in closely place in his arms. 

He could see the surprise look on the pack as he delicately place Lyra on the sofa. “It’s a difficult matter we are about to face today. The Hunters have come back. Lucky for us this time we won’t be taken by surprise thanks to Lyra who escape them.” He started before anyone could comment the unusual behavior of their alpha. He explained to his pack what he wanted to do about the situation.

“Alpha, shouldn’t we ask for the others pack for their helps?” asked one of the older member. Connor look at him for a moment seeing fear in the older man eyes “No. We want to surprise them and if we wait for the others they will have time to see through our plan to attack them.” He look around the room until his eyes fell on his mother. “This pack have already loose too much because of the Hunters. This is our chance to avenge our fallen member and prevent another tragedy because of them.”

“When will we attack them?” Asked Sheldon with fire in his eyes. Connor knew he could count on his best friend to have his back as always.

“We will attack in five day. This will give us enough time to plan the attack without taking too much on the surprise effect.”

Five days pass in a heartbeat. Connor could see that finally his pack came to respect his decisions without doubt for his leadership. At least one good think came with the return of the Hunters, he thought to himself. The day had finally came to face the monsters who killed his father and brother so many years ago. He would lead half the men of his pack while Sheldon would stay with the other half to protect the mates and children. He wanted Sheldon to stay not only because he has his trust to protect his pack but also because he didn’t wanted anything to happen to his best friend when he was waiting for his first child. Connor know that Kitty would support losing her mate while they just started a life together.

Looking out the window he could see Lyra with the young ones and their mothers. She seems to fit right in the pack. “Alpha... Connor are you listening to me?” He looked at his left to see Alex looking perplex. “Sorry what were you saying?” He ask trying to concentrate on his friend. Alex look out the window before looking back to his alpha with a knowing smile on his face. “Would a little someone be able to distract our great alpha?” He ask with laugher in his voice which cut the attention of the others around them who also looked out the window. Sheldon look at his annoyed alpha and stared laughing. “It looks like our alpha is blinded by a constellation.” The other join his laughter until the saw the look on their alpha’s face.

Connor couldn’t shake the uneasy felling from his chest and he led his men to their journey to the Hunter’s. Nothing will happen to our pack. He continue walking. He knew his pack was in good hands in his absence but he was still restless.  

****

The alpha was gone for only a day but I could feel how the rest of the pack was worry. Miranda seat beside me on the veranda with a faraway look in her eyes. “You know darling, I can only imagine what you’ve been through but know that you are not alone. You have a family here.” She told me while holding my hand without looking at me. A family we have a family here. I felt a pinch of hurt thinking about Stella. “The little ones love you and I know my son can’t get you out of his head” I blush as she continue. “He don’t have to say a thing it’s easy to see. I had hoped that maybe you were his mate… but since the signs didn’t show yet you aren’t his mate after all.”

I could hear my wolf wined in pain as the thought of mate. I took the pen and paper. I knew I had to tell someone. I show her and I heard her take a surprise breath as she read; They took away my chance of finding my mate. “What do you mean? How can the take that away?” She properly ask me with tears in her eyes.  They operate different mated couple before being to be able to identify what link us to our mate and they took it away from me before they gave me to their leader. It was a way to prevent my wolf to cry out for help to our mate. As soon as she read it she hugged me tightly and I cry for myself. He could find us! He will find us. I was sure that without the link our mate could never find us.I would live the rest of my life as a mateless wolf.

“Lyra! Lyra come play with us!” Amelia cried from the front yard and I couldn’t help but smile even without a mate I could find happiness. I let go of Miranda to go join the young girl and her little brother. Their mother Lilian wasn’t far away from them.

As I walk to them I could fell something change and stopped. I couldn’t see the guard around the house. Go to the pups! Protect them! I could smell fire which could meant only one thing… They had found their way back to me. They came to finish me off and anything on their way…