Teaser/Tester

::The Quiet Place::

-TEASER-

(If you readers like this idea, I'll be posting the first chapter along with this and I'll add more if this is something ya'll are interested in.)

"I want to do at least one thing that makes it so that if I had never been born, something or someone would be negatively changed. I wanna leave an imprint of my existence, a fact that will fade when centuries go by, but will matter at least long enough to make a difference in the next generation. It can be minor, or it can change the world. But I swear, I'm gonna do it."

• • • • •

Mikayla lives outside of Luddington, a small picturesque town in northern Michigan. It's kind of a tourist-y place, but Kayla enjoys studying everyone who comes popping into the store where she works, and everyone around her everywhere she goes. It's the kind of town that you could walk down the street in and think you've found yourself in a novel.

A girl named Lucy is moving into town, and new permanent residents are rare. It's a born-and-raised sort of town. Kayla meets this girl and immediately likes her spunk, but doesn't think much else of her. With most of her teen years gone, and decisions about the future needing to be made, a girl has a lot to think about.