Chapter Two: Complete Stranger

“So who’s the latest ho in your life?” I asked Tre.

Four hours later we were both laying on my bed in my room talking and eating Twizzlers, Hot Cheetos, Swiss Rolls and a ton of other snacks. It was relaxations for us. He had been busy the last few weeks with whatever it was that they did on the streets. He never went into detail about it because he didn’t want to draw me into or for me to know enough information to be dragged into his drama.

He chuckled. “Yo why all the girls I talk to gotta be hos?”

I laughed. “They are, dodo. They’re just chasing after that money you’re making. I’m the one chick you come to for advice about other chicks and your short end relationships, remember?” I said cocking an eyebrow. “I’m the one who keeps you filled in on other chicks. I’m a chick who’s different than the other ones.”

“I know,” he said staring into my eyes with those beautiful light green eyes that were reflecting in the light. “You’re in your own category.”

I looked away and playfully nudged him in the shoulder just as the music next door suddenly got loud and I heard some ignorant nigga yelling out the window as he looked into my room. I sighed. I swear if I had a shot gun I’d shoot straight into that fucker and cap a hole in all their asses. I swear if I heard the whisper song by the Ying Yang twins one more time I was going go bust that damn party. Getting off the bed I stomped over to the window and yanked it up as I glared at the niggas who stood in the room across from mine watching some half-dressed girl dancing on the bed. I shook my head.

“Shut the fuck up yelling over here with yo loud ass,” I yelled across the distance.

The guy looked at me and then whistled loudly. “Ay lil ma why don’t come over here and dance for us?” the guy asked with a slur in voice.

Dumb ass was probably drunk ass fuck off of alcohol or weed, probably both. I sighed and shook my head as another guy joined him at the window. I did a double take when I saw it was the guy from online. He looked good as hell. For a moment I was speechless and just stood there watching him.

“Hey lil ma you look good as fuck in person. Come swing through and dance with me,” he said pushing the other guy out of the way and leaning out the window.

I shook my head and nearly jumped out of my skin when Tre bumped into me. I turned around and faced him. “Nigga you can’t be sneaking up on me like that, damn near gave me a heart attack I thought someone had snuck in.”

“Quinn,” he said ignoring me as he nodded his head in acknowledgment.

“Tre,” he said doing likewise. “Is this you?”

“Nah we’re just friends,” he said.

“Good then don’t mind me while I holla—“

My phone rung loudly playing Miranda’s ringtone and I stepped away from the window and tugged on the blinds. They fell quickly even though the loud noises of the party could still be heard from the open window. “What’s up?” I asked rolling my eyes at Tre.

He walked over to the bed and sat down watching me. I tilted my head to the side and held my arms wide open silently giving the impression, “What’s good?” He laughed and stood looking me up and down like he was going to kick my ass. A light chuckle escaped me and then Miranda was back on the line running her mouth.

“Oh my god, girl!” she shrieked before she kissed her teeth. “What the fuck is that loud noise? I know yo ass didn’t go to a party without me?”