Chapter 2. The Nightmare.

The Nightmare

Skyros, 19/07/2015

Katerina woke up after two hours. It was 4 in the afternoon. She had the worst nightmare! Someone went to the police and brought the case back. The person said that they witnessed her killing her husband. Thank God, it was just a bad dream!

The sun was peering through the window. She opened her eyes a bit further. It was burning hot. She could imagine how hot was outside!

She got up and realized that she still wore her clothes. She decided to go out and see where her suitcase is.

She opened the door and understood that everyone was out. But, she was wrong. Argiris was sat around the table, talking on the phone. He was talking really slowly and he mumbled so he wasn't audible. Katerina got frustrated. Does he cheat on Lukia? Too bad! He would never find someone else to bear him.

"Argiris!" She shouted.

Argiris turned around. He suddenly got pale. He got up from his chair and hung up.

Katerina frowned.

"What is happening?" she thought

"Did you hear what I was talking about?" Argiris asked, a bit worried.

"No, I didn't. Did I have to?"

"No, not at all! You have no right to overhear me!" he was being rude for one more time.

"Calm down! I didn't want to overhear what you were talking about or whom. This is your business and not mine" she cleared herself and continued "Where is my suitcase?" she finally ended.

"It's there" her brother showed her that the suitcase was exactly next to her door.

She looked down and saw it. She felt a bit stupid but never mind.

"Thank you" she replied, taking her suitcase in the room.

She changed into a black outfit again. She wanted to go out. She wanted to see how the life is going in the island.

Skyros is a very beautiful island and has a lot of tourists every year. Her father used to have a big hotel near the beach till she was 10 but gave it up and opened this small hotel, again in the beach, to live more normally.

She always worked here. She was a waitress for the restaurant and for the hotel. The hotel had three stars. It's a good hotel and people were always fulfilled by the hospitality that Gianna showed.

Argiris handled the financial part of the family business and he did it well. The hotel was in its peak since he started to be in charge and there is no sign that it'll stop being in its peak.

Katerina got out of the house quickly. The sun was burning her flesh. It was so hot! People were sitting on the chairs of the restaurant drinking cold drinks. She decided to sit there. Her mother went to the table she picked and sat opposite her.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I did. But, I didn't sleep much. I haven't slept much in years" Katerina said and looked over her mother, to stare at the Aegean Sea which was gold because of the sun.

"You have to move on. Stelios is gone"

"I don't care about him! I never did! You forced me to marry him because I was pregnant! I lost my child and I was accused of being a murderer when he was dead, too! That's why I can't sleep, mother".

Gianna didn't want this to continue. She got up and went to make some more lemonade.

Katerina then was joined by a police man. He was wearing normal clothes so she didn't understand his job. He was beautiful and his look seemed kind, but she didn't care

"Hello!" He said while sitting beside her.

She said nothing. She looked at him but said nothing.

"Are you mute?" He posed this question, hoping he'd take a word from her.

"I'm not" she finally said after rolling her eyes.

"Then why didn't you greet me back?"

"Because I didn't want to"

"You're a bit bitter" he noticed

"What do you want?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to know you but you don't. So, I'm going..." he stood up and left her.

"Men can be so annoying!" she thought and sighed.

The time passed fast. It was 8:30 o'clock. The sun was about to dive into the ocean. Katerina stared at this beautiful scene. She didn't leave her spot since the time she sat some hours ago. She was thinking over and over again about the same things. It was the last day... The other day was July 20, the day that Stelios died. She felt weird. She knew that all people would discuss about it. It's a small island and all people gossip. They gossip a lot.

"The murderers always come back to the place of the murder!" (a Greek saying)

She heard a voice. She turned back and saw the same police man in his job's clothes.

"What are you talking about?" she asked a bit annoyed.

"Come with me in the police station" He demanded.

Katerina was in the verge of tears. She stood up proudly and followed him.

She knew that something went wrong...

What was happening though?

Was she about to see her nightmare coming true?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I don't own the pic/video.