Chapter 5. The Beautiful House.

The Beautiful House

20/07/2016

Katerina ran and ran. The policeman lost her. It was her island; she knew all the paths and all the ways. She ran a lot. Then, she saw a beautiful house, with many beautiful flowers outside. It must have been new. She never saw it before. She went near it and saw that the door was open. She opened it further and got in.

She looked around and understood that only had two rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom. The doors where opened and could see them. There was a bed in the living room, a small sofa and images of seas and dolphins hanged on the wall.

"Who are you?" she heard and turned around scared.

It was a girl with long brown hair, she looked lonely by how her eyes looked. She was around 25. She was beautiful. Katerina took some steps near her.

"Are you Katerina? The woman who got arrested?" She asked "I'm Marianna"

"How do you know?"

"News travels fast in this island" she told her, shrugging her shoulders a bit.

Katerina thought a bit. She wanted to ask her to stay with her, for just a day. The house was really far from the center of the town.

"You can stay" Marianna said.

"Thank you. But tell me... why do you let me live here? I'm considered to be a criminal" Katerina said.

"So what? You came back to the island. If you were a criminal, you'd not come back here"

"But, I broke free. This..."

"You look fine. You didn't do it. I feel it"

Katerina hugged her. It was impulsive. Marianna hugged her back.

"I will help you with the housework" Katerina said, finally letting her go.

"Good! There is only one bed... But, I have another one in the kitchen. I will bring it here".

"In the kitchen?" Katerina asked.

"Don't ask much"

Katerina sat in a chair. She looked at the ground. She thought. Marianna sat next to her. She wondered what she was thinking about. She was sure that she didn't kill her husband. Her look was innocent and hurt. She felt bad. She felt that she had to protect her.

"What happened? You haven't killed him. What happened? I'm willing to hear".

Katerina felt grace. Someone was willing to know her perspective. She started telling the whole story. How she got married to him because she got pregnant by a tourist. How her mother forced her to marry Stelios for that reason even if he was so much older than her. How her child died when it was still a baby. How her husband didn't give her a divorce. But, even if she felt bad with him, he'd never kill him in any way.

Marianna understood. She believed her. Her words were honest. She was so honest. She could tell.

Then the door was knocked.

"Open the door! It's the police!"

It was Nikos. Katerina felt panicked. Marianna assured her "Don't panic!"

How wouldn't she panic?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I don't own the pic/video.