Chapter 5

you must really like this story. You just keep coming back for more! dont forget to comment with your views and etc..x

********************************

Two weeks later

I’m half asleep and my phone keeps buzzing. What does this person want?!

“Hello?”

“What man, you’re waking me up!”

“Well sorry, I just thought you should know your best friends going into labour and won’t give birth until you arrive”

“John? What did you just say?”

“Come to the hospital I’ll explain when you get there.” Oh my I must still be sleeping I thought he said Ray’s going into labour. She’s not due for like another week; it must just be some contractions or something.

I was wrong, I was wrong and I repeat I was wrong. She gave birth! It was so beautiful. Okay I lied. It was truly disgusting; bodily fluids, screaming, crying wow. But right at the end, when we thought all was lost and she’d given up he came. Yes that’s right I said he. Ray looked so happy. The euphoria they talk about must be real. Then the cow, surprised us by saying

“I’ve already thought of a name and none of you can change my mind”

We all sat in silence waiting for the name of this tiny little bundle of joy.

“Tyler” aw that name is just perfect. He looks like a Tyler to be honest. I was the first person to hold him. Not his mum, not his dad but me. For about 5 seconds. Then he had to lie on Rays body (so he got used to her, and didn’t think I was his mum or anything) and finally she picked him up. Anyway instead of boring you with baby scenes and whatnot let’s move on.

I absolutely love Henry’s house. Mainly because it’s always empty. Not like Mark’s empty, Henry lives with his parents, but they work shifts so they’re almost never at home. Henry doesn’t really mind and neither do I. Its two weeks after little baby Tyler’s birth and Ray is stressing out. She’s convinced herself she doesn’t know what to do and has no idea how to take care of a child. But it’s all maternal. Don’t ask me how I know I just do. And so will Ray eventually. I help her out as much as possible but you know I have a life too and most of it revolves around my darling Henry. So we’re just sitting in the living room cuddled up, watching a movie (because we’re cute like that) when the doorbell rings. This is quite strange because no one really visits Henry’s house. He says he doesn’t even tell his friends where he lives (I don’t know why) I get up to answer the door as Henry’s dozing away, as I reach the door I look back at my boyfriend and think “just like a baby”.

It’s a girl; with a baby. Correction: toddler. And she says it’s his. At least I don’t have to worry about him cheating on me. But my Henry... When? I’m so confused. So I talk to her, without Henry. as he’s still asleep I take her to the kitchen. She says her name is Rihanna. Oh. That explains so much. Henry once told me long ago of the girl who took his virginity. This was almost a year and a half ago and after they had done the deed. She never saw or spoke to him again. Even though she knew the baby was his. I don’t understand why she would do that to herself but hey whatever floats her boat. My main worry was why had she decided to come back and tell him about a baby now? The little girl was crawling all over the floor touching and exploring everything… Rihanna saw me watching her and said

“She’s only 7 months old, so grown up aint she?” I really wanted to send her the dirtiest look ever but I just couldn’t, in her eyes was pure sadness. I really wanted to know why but I was too scared to ask her. She was really pretty, but quite tall and as a matter of fact quite intimidating. So what? I’m his girlfriend now. She has nothing on me. I need to stand up for myself and Henry obviously.

“So why’ve you come back now? With a seven month old baby, Why now?” I tried to look as intimidating as possible but I guess it didn’t work because she just started laughing.

“Don’t worry; I’m not here to claim your man or anything, I just need someone to look after Jackie for a while.”

“Jackie? Isn’t that a boy’s name? And what about your family, your boyfriend, friends, haven’t you got anyone? That you have to come back here and drop this bombshell on us.”

“Look, I’m an orphan. My friends deserted me when they found out I was pregnant and my boyfriend, *sigh* he’s a lost cause when it comes to children. And her full name is Jacqueline”

With the stupidest look on my face I said “oh... but where are you going that you can’t look after her?” I don’t think I should’ve asked but I had to. Her face looked so pained I was surprised that a simple question could cause so emotion.

“I’m going into rehab. They say I have postnatal depression.”

It all makes sense now. Apparently a few months after birth some mothers go funny with their babies and have to spend some time away to heal.  

At this moment Jackie started crying, and I noticed the smell.

“Babe, it sounds like there’s a baby crying? Is Raychell over or something? Tell her to change his damn nappy. God it stinks.” Shit. What am I supposed to do? Tell him about Rihanna or wait for him to come and see for himself. Obviously I have no choice in the situation as Henry walks into the kitchen hazy eyed and a tad annoyed.

“Are you telling me you can’t change one stinking nap-?” he looks at the baby, obviously too old to be Ray’s. Then he looks to the figure sitting at the dining table next to me and his eyes widen. He looks back to the baby and once again to Rihanna. I’m guessing he’s put two and two together because he slowly walks toward the crying child and picks her up. She stopped crying. I can’t believe my eyes the resemblance is uncanny. It’s like she recognised him. I’m shocked.

“Jackie, Jacqueline. That’s her name.” seems to be the only thing I can say right now. Then he looks at me, as if he’s just registering my existence. I don’t know exactly how I feel about this. But I figure the happy family is here and I’m the odd one out. So it’s time to leave I guess. I get up ready to make my excuses, but I can’t think of anything to say so I just mumble apologies and leave out the front door. He didn’t try to stop me. That’s the only thought on my mind as I touch in at the station ready to get on a train anywhere.

******************

Oh dear. That went sour didnt it? What do you think should happen?..x