1: Noah

A/n- Hey guys! So this is the first chapter of the book! I am so excited! Yaay! The picture above is of Noah supposedly whom you will be knowing now. Though he is supposed to have purple eyes but just ignore that part. Okay so I present to you chapter 1!

--------

Noah Nolan woke up with a muffled scream and a racing heart. The completely dark room didn't help reducing his fright. It was the same dream again.

Every night, he found himself enclosed in a sphere which seemed infinite and small at the same time. Some thing that resembled smoke seemed to contact him. Thousands of emotions like grief gripped him and he sometimes found himself in the midst of what he reasoned was war. But this time it had gone further than it normally did. The smoke had touched him today, right in the middle of the head and it hurt like a burning red poker has been thrusted there.

Cold sweat dripped from his throbbing temple. He pushed some of his silver hair from his forehead and gave it a squeeze. A second scream came from the room next to his. Noah could feel his twin sister's panic.

He jumped down his bed and started towards the door but he tripped over something and landed on a heap of something else.

"What the hell?" he whispered to himself.

Getting up carefully, he swept his foot along the floor and found that it was completely littered with materials. He reached for the side lamp and switched it on.

A gasp left his lips.

Did I miss something? He thought to himself.

His entire room looked as if a hurricane just went through it. The large walnut bookshelf was upturned and all its precious contents were scattered across the floor of his room. One window pane was broken, and his clothes lay in a mess.

Noah couldn't believe his eyes. This was his room, no doubt in that, but what could have happened here that caused so much.

'Earthquake' was the first thing that crosses his mind but he was sceptical. An earthquake couldn't possibly open his wardrobe and throw out all his clothes in all directions.

Then what? Anyway I am in deep shit!

Pushing aside his thoughts with a sigh, he proceeded towards his sister's room. He could actually hear her calling out to him. Not out loud but from her heart. It was strange that they sometimes could communicate without saying anything but they were twins after all. Twins have all sorts of connections or so Noah reasoned.

He pushed open the door to find Hannah Nolan sitting on her bed, legs gathered up in her chest.

"Noah," she said

"Han," he acknowledged.

Momentarily they were calm in the presence of each other. Taking in comfort from a feel of safety.

"See what happened", Hannah whispered and gestured with her head. She too seemed shocked.

Her room was a little less turned up than mine was but it still resembled the after effects of a hurricane.

"The same happened to my room." He paused then added suggestively. "Maybe it was an earthquake?"

Hannah let out a humourless laugh. "Yeah sure!" She said with sarcasm.

They remained silent for another moment. Then Noah walked to her bed and huddled in beside her. They stayed there relishing each other's warmth.

"Bro? Did you have the same dream tonight?"

"No, tonight was different. The smoke was still there and I was still enclosed inside that sphere of stars but then some purple light started glowing from somewhere and there was this pain-"