7: Ethan

"Initiate the extraction process." He told Mist. Seeing the two teenagers sprawled unconscious on the floor brought back memories of his own extraction. The searing pain was still livid when he thought about it.

Mist flipped over the boy's body and threads of her fluid body concentrated in the middle of Noah's forehead. Ethan knew that her tendrils were weaving inside his skin and flesh. When they reached the celestilite buried inside, she teleported it to Ethan's palm. The crystal shone radiantly.

Mist extracted herself and moved on to Hannah while Noah stirred. His eyebrows knotted together in a frown. In a flash, his eyes opened and an arc of energy went slicing through the air. The surge was so strong that some of the lockers dented in the collision.

"This boy is strong," noted Xenos. Ethan hummed in approval. He was already aware that Noah was powerful. He gave Xenos' hand a little squeeze. "Don't worry, he will be on our side."

Noah sat up and massaged his temple. He looked groggy as if he had just woken up. With half-shut eyes he looked at them.

Ethan couldn't suppress a smile. "Here comes the hard part."

Another surge of energy alerted him the Mist had done her job. Noah, who now looked fully awake, sprang to his feet. He looked at him, and then Xenos behind him and then at Mist looming over his sister's body. The process repeated.

"Hey!" Ethan said, trying to sound as cheerful as possible. Socialising wasn't his forte.

The simple gesture seemed to startle him. He looked around once more. Ethan followed his gaze to the two girls hunched over from their laughing.

Hannah was now rubbing her forehead."Ou..."

Ethan tried again."Hello? You understand English right?"

Looking somewhat offended Noah scowled at him. "Yes."

At least he spoke!

As soon as mist was a feet away from hannah, Noah stepped back and helped her sister up.

"Noah, Hannah. I am Ethan, this is Xenos and that over there is Mist whom you have already met twice."

Noah eyes grew as big as dinner plates. "Woah! Are those wings? And how do you know our names?"

"The guy with wings looks like an angel! Are we in heaven?"

Xenos chuckled in his deep rumbling voice. That seemed to snap Hannah's trance. She gripped her brother's arm so hard that he winced.

"A white boy with black overall, an extremely sexy guy with wings and their pet smoke staring at us," she stated through gritted teeth.

Ethan smiled again. Xenos is extremely sexy yes! But he is completely off limits.

"Listen we are not here to harm you in anyway. On the contrary we want to help you. There is much going on, more that you can imagine. You play an important part in it and so we have come to show you. Please come with us."

Hannah was eyeing the two girls. "Did you kill them?"

Ethan chuckled. "No! No, they are just frozen. It's because their time stopped. They are bound to their time." Seeing the confused faces of the twins he further added," Time is a dimension to which they are bound. They are not like you or me. We are dimensionless. We are not bound by any fixed time frame."

Noah looked intrigued. "How is that possible? We too are spending time now as we speak."

"Yes but the frame has been changed." Slowly he started to walk over to the huddled. "Think of time as a continuous river. Because of being dimensionless, you can step aside to another current or climb up on the bank. It is a thing that should naturally come to you, like your instincts. Go one try it!" he encouraged.

"Try what?"

"Try to dive back into time. Just wish For it to happen." He reached them as time started flowing again. The two girls lifted their heads and stopped abruptly. Xenos' looming wings froze them. Before matters could aggravate he moved out of the time frame again.

Hannah looked excited. "Wow! Why couldn't we do this before? I could have reached so many classes on time!"

Ethan opened his hand to give them a glimpse of the two twinkling stones, they winked at their keepers. "These stones kept your powers at bay. These are celestilites. They are mineral crystal that derive their power from the universes."

Noah slowly shook his head."Is it safe to say that I have a million of questions?"

"Yes. That is why we are here. We are here for your questions. There is so much else we need to talk about. I suggest you come with us right now!"

"But mom said home early!"

Ethan chuckled but a pain blossomed in him. "Don't worry. When you return, the time will be the same."

I wish my family was still here

Stomaching his envy he handed out the two stones to them. "Don't lose them. They are your lifeline. Like literally. These crystals will provide your energy, your body doesn't have to make its own energy."

Their face looked as if they had seen an Electrophage give birth.

Ethan sighed. This is going to be a long solar.