3: Ethan

A/n- Third chapter is here and it is going to give you a very different view point on the whole story. Let's see how much you can guess. Don't hesitate to comment or ask anything! Enjoy the read.
--------------

The lone inhabitant of the Andromeda galaxy, Ethan, sat perched atop a cliff on the apex of a very small planet AND-1204.

The cliff rose like a throne over a pond of pure mercury, shimmering in the starlight. Looking down, he could see the reflection of his humanoid body staring back at him through purple eyes. His silver hair glinted.

A translucent and dynamic sphere of energy enclosed him completely; it's skin alive with rippling power. The energy sphere protected his body from the hostile environment. He adorned a black outfit which contrasted sharply with his pale skin and silver hair. He appraised his reflection in the pond of mercury, he still looked eighteen though he was already three expiniels old.

The breathtaking natural mirror reflected the sky perfectly. The stars had been his home for eternity and he felt comforted in their presence. There was a time when he could have been one of the preservers of this universe but those golden times where already gone. It was even ironical of him to talk about the past.

He turned his gaze up, to the direction of earth. It was just a little larger than a pinpoint.

His birth planet was so oblivious to so much around them. He didn't blame them though. They were still to evolve into intergalactic beings. He earnestly hoped that the earth would survive the danger that was fast growing.

Slowly white smoke began to form in swirls beside him in the energy shield. Ethan wasn't alarmed in the least. He just smiled at the sight of his friend Mist.

Actually Mist was a name Ethan had given her for her appearance. From where she came from, there wasn't much concept of names because they didn't need to call out others. Her species was called Tjems and had bodies made of a vicious material verisaticus which gave them the ability to shape themselves anyway they wanted.

Expect this, Mist had a special power, she could reach anywhere by creating temporary wormholes through space.

Ethan reached out to touch her, it was the way they communicated; by touch, they implanted their feelings and speech into the other body. Her tendrils bound themselves onto his hands and he loosened his mind to her.

"The stone won't hold much longer." There was a soothing whisper of honey sweet voice in the back of Ethan's mind.

"The twins are a very fine specimen. They are already very capable. Especially the male. The female is still learning and developing his power but once he is ready he will be as invincible as his sister and maybe more."

Ethan could feel the glee in her voice. He couldn't suppress a grin of his own as well. He had been waiting for this for a long time and at last it was here. He had to work very hard as well but it was finally showing fruit. The black soil under him crackled as he paced around.

"But there's an issue." Mist interjected his thoughts. "What if they choose to join the Negators?" Worry spilled from her consciousness into Ethan's.

Ethan's jaws clenched."They won't!" He declared aloud with steely determination. He had been working on that, too. His powers were the most effective when they were set into motion at the earliest. Still he couldn't stop the trickle of anxiety from slipping into his mind.

Injecting another thought of her mind into his, mist retrieved herself from his hand. Ethan stayed quiet for a few moments. Then, mustering all his courage, he nodded once. It was a hard decision for him to make.