20

So hi! Yeah, I’m not dead… sorry I haven’t updated in over two weeks. My days have been tiring, Tuesdays and Thursdays I have after school revision classes and on the past weekends I haven’t had internet to be able to update. I have major exams coming up at the start of November and I really need to revise and such. So yeah, I hope you accept my apology and enjoy the chapter. It may not be much but it’s something right?  It’s short and shitty. Sorry, I burnt my laptop on a candle… don’t ask

Laura x

Harry’s POV

I woke up to a dog howling outside of Niall’s window. The neighbours really needed to shut up the little rat what they called a pet.

I noticed that Niall wasn’t next to me in his bed and the memories of last night replayed in my mind. From the soft, gentle touches to the sweet words of encouragement it was the farthest I’ve ever been with anyone. And it was perfect; I honestly didn’t regret a second of it.

I felt dirty lying on the dirty sheets with a layer of last night’s sweat still covering my body lightly. I knew it was cheeky but I doubted that Niall would mind so I grabbed what I hoped to be a clean towel and made my way into his bathroom which was just a mere few steps from his bed, it would save me the embarrassment of walking across the hall half naked since I didn’t know where my boxers or trousers were after last night.

I opened his bathroom door quietly and walked into the empty, white tiled room. I dropped the towel on the floor and opened the doors to the shower cubical, turning the hot water on and closing the door again to wait for the water to heat without it splashing all over his small bathroom.

I used the toilet quickly and borrowed some mouthwash in an attempt to make my breath smell slightly better since I didn’t have a toothbrush with me.

I flushed the toilet and washed my hands before peeling off my shirt from last night, which I kept on and managed to keep all of the secrets hidden underneath the small piece of cotton.

I stepped into the shower and allowed the warm water to engulf me. I closed my eyes as the warmth flooded over my body and made me content. It was honestly the best shower I’d ever taken.

The sound of the water overpowered the noise of Niall’s footsteps coming upstairs or into his bedroom or into the bathroom either. I didn’t even notice until I opened my eyes when I heard a gasp and Niall was stood at the opposite side of the glass staring at me with wide eyes.

I knew for a fact that he wasn’t gasping at my penis. I knew that for a fact.

I didn’t care how embarrassing that may have been for the both of us, it wouldn’t have been a lot less awkward than it was then.

I stared staring at him with horror clear in my eyes. There was no point trying to hide my stomach or hips now. It was too late, he had already seen the damage I’d done to myself so I did nothing but bow my head in shame.

He’d kick me out of his house and force me back with my Uncle now he knew how fucked up I was. He wouldn’t want to keep such a fuck up around him. He could surely do better than a freak that cuts his own skin, gets abused and is bullied constantly. He wouldn’t be the first to leave me, and certainly wouldn’t be the last. I knew that for sure. I knew that he already knew that I’d self-harmed. How did he think that I got put in the hospital if I didn’t? But I doubt he thought that it was going to be that bad. If there wasn’t cuts or angry red lines covering my stomach there was various colours and shapes of scars, some old and some newer.

Instead of forcing me out of the shower, he surprised me by opening the glass doors of the shower and shut off the water. He picked up the towel from the floor and wrapped it gently around my body and pulled me into a hug.

“It’s okay Harry, it’ll all be okay”

He led me out of the bathroom and sat me on his bed. He replaced the towel by pulling a pair of sweatpants up my legs and a baggy hoodie over my torso.

I couldn’t feel any emotion apart from shame. I could see the disappointment in his eyes, it was clear.

I disappointed the only person I cared about.