Chapter 4

I woke up earlier than I usually would the next morning so that I could meet Aidanne at the small coffee shop down the street.

I was eager to meet with her, curious of what she would say about this apparent 'pizza thief' I've got on my hands.

I went to the bathroom and got ready quickly, leaving my hair in it's natural state of beachy waves.

On the drive to the coffee shop, I had the familiar feeling of being watched again.

I was glancing in the rearvirw mirror, searching for the same black Range Rover from yesterday when my phone went off. The sudden high pitched ringtone startling me.

I put my hand over my chest trying to stifle my rapid heartbeat. I hate feeling like this, it's making me all jumpy and skiddish damnit.

Seeing Aidanne's name, I opened up the text and replied quickly letting her know I was about to pull in the lot. Maybe she could reassure me that I have nothing to worry about.

I walked up to the coffee shop, seeing her through the window.

She was sitting at a small table in the corner, smiling brightly when she saw me approaching.

She stood, offering me a quick hug before sitting back down.

"Good morning love. Doing good, yeah?"

I smiled and nodded before replying "yeah, I'm great. Although I wanted to ask you if it's normal to have someone break in your house and eat your food before leaving?"

Aidanne furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"no.. that's definitely not normal." she said trying to keep herself from giggling.

"Are you sure they didn't take anything else besides just food?"

Before I could reply I was interrupted by someone that was now standing at our table. I failed to notice the two men walk up to us.

"What's this about stolen food?" the mystery man inquired, staring down at me while gently shifting his hand to Aidanne's shoulder. 

As i met his eyes I recognized him immediately, He had light brown hair that went up into a small quiff at the front of his head. His eyes were a warm chocolate brown And he wore a black leather jacket over a thin grey t-shirt and jeans.. this was the bloke that was with that curly haired dick. The one that laughed along with him after he called me a 'Stupid twat'.

 Suddenly uncomfortable, I glanced at Aidanne to see her smiling warmly up at the man.

My brow creased and I brought my gaze back up to the man before looking over his shoulder and seeing a pair of dark green eyes staring back at me.

My face went pale, and breathing slowed. He saw the recognition that flicker over my features.

Which caused his lips to curve up into a cocky smirk. Amused that his presence brought me so much discomfort.

I averted my eyes, looking back to Aidanne. Concern taking over her eyes when met with my panicked facial expression.

After recovering, she answered for me "Well babe, someone broke into Lexie's apartment last night, ate the leftover pizza that was in the fridge and left."

babe?

This is Aidanne's boyfriend? How can a girl as innocent and sweet as she is date a douchebag like him?

This place is so fucked up.

The mystery man began chuckling beside me at Aidanne's explanation.