Headphone party

His skin smelled like roasted chestnuts. 

His hand gripped mine and he pulled me into the sweaty, silent crowd, whose bodies were pasted with golden tattoos and garnished with glow sticks. Oliver turned his head to look at me and his lips split into a smile.

He took one of the headphones displayed on the DJ's table, and gently placed them on my head, brushing away the escaped hair-locks. I stood in silence amongst other people with headphones, who seemed to be dancing to no music whatsoever. It was almost enchanting, so primal.

And then I heard it.

The music from the headphones overflowing my body.

I felt it pulsating through my skin.

'Lay me down

Let the only sound

Be the overflow

Pockets full of stones'

Our heartbeats matched the music, mine faster than his. It is usual for musicians to understand the complexity of the rhythms of music and unconsciously adjust our bodies' respiration and heart rates to match the beat.

Oliver cupped my face with his palms and stared into my eyes with his green ones. Never has poison looked so tempting.

But you know what they say, all poisonous things are beautiful.

I was soaked with sweat and rain from the outside, slightly afraid that he might notice my nipples poking through my white shirt.

His lips swayed as he said something, but I could not hear it. Nor did I care.

Just this time, just once, I wanted to do something I really shouldn't do.

So, I kissed my worst enemy.

*Author's note*: Hey guys, I'm trying sth new, perhaps a summer romance to read on the beach, tell me what you think!

 Lots of love to everyone, Katarina