Chapter 16

Matt's POV

"Hey," I say, as we walk into the room. I glance at Alison. Her eyes, have a sad look in them. I feel horrible.

"Oh...hi. Who're you guys?" She looks at us. Corley steps back.

"I'm Corley, your grandmother, honey." Corley says.

"I'm Alison, you're little sister," Ali says. Alyssa smiles.

"I'm...I'm your boyfriend..." I say. Her eyes widen.

"I-I have a boyfriend?" She asks, astonished.

"Yeah..." I say. "Kinda," I mutter under my breath.

•••

We all form around Alyssa. Showing her pictures, and keepsakes. She smiles, as we tell her the back stories to the pictures. I show her pictures of us.

"Excuse me, but visiting hours, will be shutting down in ten minutes," a nurse smiles.

"Yeah." I sigh. "Keep taking a look at these. Hopefully you'll remember something, I'll talk to you tomorrow." I smile at her. She smiles back. I want to go kiss her. But that's might be a little weird to her right now.

•••

5 days have passed. Alyssa's starting to regain memory. It's so awesome. She remembers her whole past, and relatives, and mostly everything. We were all so happy. But, she still doesn't remember me.

I go in there. Alone, today. She's laying on the bed. She turns her head to me. She sits up right. "No, it's fine," I say.

"No come sit," she gestures to the empty spot on the bed. I take the spot.

I hold her hand. "I just want to tell you, but I know you don't remember me. But, if you do, I made a stupid mistake. I cheated on you. And I was so stupid for it. I just did dumb stuff, and I didn't know what I was doing and-" I'm cut off, as her lips come crashing onto mine.

"Matt! Matt Hemmings! I remember! Matt, I..." She pulls back. My heart skips a beat.

"Y-you do? Alyssa!" I hug her, tightly.

"And, I don't care about the past. I don't care. I want what's happening now. I love you," she says.

"I love you too."