~Behind the Paint~

Ever had those moments in life you can't happen to forget?

No matter how hard you try to close your eyes you just see a glimpse. Memories are a curse hidden as a blessing. No matter how many times I try to forget it always comes back..her voice..her face..it always..fucking..comes back..

" Ah fuck, my brush broke again.. " 16 year old Dominic mumbles as he tugged the brush loose from his nappy poof ball hair. Dom called it a white persons fro. Meh. He stood in front of his mirror and poked one of his black curls, he went through about three brushes a week because his hair was such a nappy monster. He pulled his favorite Hatchet Man beanie over his poof and plopped down onto his computer chair, then..a colorful flyer caught his eye. Dominic quickly snatched up the flyer with widened eyes, he almost forgot about the traveling circus coming to town. Ever since Dominic was little he always seemed to be fascinated by the colorful flyers posted up year-round, the cheerful carnies, music, animals, and food were all apart of Dominic's wish. He'd been dying to go to a circus. Shoot, he was practically a juggalo. Dom had the Hatchet Man merch, Insane Clown Posse shirts, posters, and figures, he drank Faygo whenever he could, and listened to all their music. Hell, he enjoyed some Dark Lotus and Boondox every once in a while. All he needed was some face paint and his life was complete. Dominic stood up once he heard his adoptive father walk past his room. He walked out of his room and into the kitchen where his father, all dressed up for work, was at, " Hey uh, dad, can we all up and go to the motherfuckin' circus? I've been dying to go for a loooong tiiiimmee.. "His father set down his coffee cup and sighed " first of all Dom, language. You know how I feel about those words. Now I don't think we have time to go to- " " Pleeeeaaaassseeeee? " Dominic begged as he clung to his fathers arm and made a pouty face. His father sighed and patted Dom's head " We'll see. I'm not making promises Dominic, but i'll try. " Dominic smiled big and squeezed his dad " Awww thanks old maaaan! " his dad smiled softly and nodded then slowly pried away fro Dom, " Now I have to go to work, don't forget to do your chores this time, okaaay? " Dom nodded " Mkay, I wont. " his dad sighed and walked to the front door " I'm serious Mr. " Dominic nodded and picked at his teeth " I know, I know, I wont forget. " His father nodded and left. Dom yawned and scratched his neck " mmm..I'm tired, i'll take a nap and do it later.. "he said as he walked into his room and stripped down to his boxers, Dom plopped onto his bed and stared up at the ceiling. He started to drift off to sleep when his sister Sarah knocked on the door frame " Wakey wakey, you bum. " She said with a little smirk.
Sarah was a pretty chill person. She had a crazy temper though, if you made her angry you better hide during her rage fit.
Sarah was 5'9, had long black, sidecut hair that reached her hip, a lip ring, and pale skin. Her brown hazelnut eyes popped due to her eyeliner. She held up a plastic shopping bag