Chapter Twenty Three

Not edited.

Chapter Twenty Three

(Lexi's POV)

"This isn't going to solve your problems Lexi," Jarrod warned as I continued to hit the punching bag. I ignored him and let all my anger out. Everything in my life seemed to be screwed up at the moment.

My best friend was in love with me.

My best friend.... in love ..... with me.

I couldn't get my head around it. I thought that after everything he did to me, he would never try for another relationship. COuldn't he understand how much he broke me back then. I don't think i could ever open my heart up to him again. It was hard enough piecing it together last time.

Why could every one not understand that maybe I just wanted to be single? Maybe i just wanted to hae a chance at learning more about myself.

Boys were to much work and they always seemed to piss me off.

So maybe that was my decision. Maybe just maybe I was better off being single. But could I tell both those boys that I didn't love them and that I didn't want to be with them.

I threw my fist once more into the bag before resting my forehead against the wall. Sweat poured from every inch of my body, yet i didn't have enough energy to wipe it off. The events of the last few days had really started to put a toll on my body, emotionally and physically.

"Come sit down," Jarrod said wrapping an arm around my shoulder and leading me over to a bench. i sat down and allowed him to take off my gloves. Even with the protection from them you could still see faint bruises appearing on my knuckles. I winced in pain as he applied a little bit of pressure onto the bruises. "That's what you get for not bandaging them probably,"

"It's not like I was thinking about that at the time. I'm the one with the bruises so there is no need to rub it in," I snapped yanking my hands away.

"No need to start getting grumpy with me Lex," he defended himself. I instantly sent him an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry,"

"I know it's hard, trying to decide what to do but once you've figured it all out you'll feel a lot better," he promised smiling back down at me. He stood up and walked over to the small fridge in the corner and pulled out a small ice pack. When he sat back down next to me he grabbed my hand and placed the ice pack on top. "I'll give you some time alone to think about it. If you need someone to talk to remember I'm always here," He headed towards the door sending me a small smile. 

"Jarrod!" I called just before he closed the door. He halted, turning towards me and raising an eyebrow. "Thank you for being such a great friend I don't know what I would do with out you," 

"Its the least I can do, after everything you've done for me!" He replied before closing the door. 

I stood up from my chair and walked towards the wall that held hundreds of photos. Each one holding an important memory. Some where of the boys with their first motorbike, others were of all of us together at the beach or at a get together. Just looking at certain ones made a smile appear on my face. Like the one of Tyson, Jarrod and I at the cliff. Pretty much the whole gang had came swimming the day. Everyone was just having a heap of fun when the three of us decided that we wanted to prove to everyone that we were brave. We were stupid fifteen year old's that thought they owned the world. 

Together we climbed to the top of the cliff deciding that we were going to jump. All of us looked over the edge wondering what the damage was going to be if we miss calculated the jump. When we started talking about who should go first, the two of them had looked at me and said 'Your the leader of the gang you should jump first," I couldn't really fight that, so being the brave girl I was I had jumped. It all went perfectly and as I swam to the top i heard all the boys cheering. Tyson went next and like me his dive was perfect. But then Jarrod went. He thought he was so much better then us so instead of just jumping straight he took a run up and attempted a front flip. It was going perfectly until he miss judged his time and landed in a belly flop. The force of the landing had made him slightly dizzy and the next thing we all knew he was knocked out and sinking under the water. Three of the boys had to come out and help us carry him back to shore where he finally woke up.