Chapter Six: Be Concerned

The bathroom's wall wasn't exactly the warmest thing in the world, but Brendon's body was. He was as close as possible to me, his hands on my chest. I was upset with him and all I wanted to do was talking about our weird situation.

"Just stop!" I nearly screamed on his face "If you don't like it or like me then why are you keeping doing it?". I've never screamed at Brendon, I've always been concerned about him and I was ready to defend him every single time someone teased him, he always acted like a kid, but he never acted like he was doing with me lately. Other people, also Spencer and Brent, used to make jokes on him, on his hyperactivity and they sometimes abused about his genuine innocence and it was so fucking annoying.

The noise of his hand on the wall, next to my head, woke me from my thoughts. After that, I didn't know why, but there was only silence. I looked up Brendon's face, expecting his usual smirk, but I was welcomed with a look full of concern and sadness.
"Ry...did you flinched? I-it's not just the first time you do it..." he said calmly going slowly a bit away from me, as to not scare me. He was thinking that I was fucking scared of him...well at least I hoped that he was thinking this.

I didn't realized that the tears started to fall down my cheecks before I let out a sob. "Oh my God Ry...does somebody hit you?" his gaze was rageful and the sweet brown of his eyes turned into a darker and deeper one. I nodded, assuring that my scarf was covering my neck. Bad move. Brendon was already walking toward me to check my neck. "Can I see?" I could hear the guilt in his words. "No...just-don't fucking touch me, okay?" I snapped, sitting against the cold wall. I looked up on my arms.
Shit.
I forgot that I pulled up the sleeves of my hoodie when I had the "incident" with Brendon in the hallway, discovering my arms and all the bruises.

Rage. All I was feeling was rage. Rage against my father and Brendon. I suffocated a scream in my scarf, full of pain and weakness. "sh sh shh Hey Ry, stop. Come here" he murmured placing his arms around me "I'm gonna stop all of this...who hits you and me, I promise".

How?

"Today after school come to mine and you're gonna explain it all to me, okay?" he reassured me, placing a kiss on my head. I had to lie again to my father, how exciting. "Now get your ass up, get some fresh water and then we're returning in class" I got up after accepting his hand. I was shaking, but I had to survive for the next infernal hours. And for tell Brendon the truth.