The False Truth

"Lexa, where are you taking me?"

Lexa kept her eyes on the road as she drove, "I'm taking you to your house. Your mother must be worried, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought you here."

Clarke shrugged, "It's okay, I got a chance to know you a little more better, so that's a plus. My mom isn't home... she won't be home till next week, but knowing her it'll be longer."

Lexa looked over at Clarke and gave her a small smile, "Well, since I still need to make sure you're stable... I'm staying over at your house till I'm sure you could handle being by yourself."

Clarke furrowed her eyebrows, "I am perfectly capable of being by myself. I don't need a babysitter and I certainly don't need you hovering over me like a lost puppy."

Lexa shook her head, "Clarke, you're taking all this the wrong way. You must understand that you're a newborn vampire and there's a lot of things you don't know yet, feelings and actions you can't really control right now. I was honestly surprised when you didn't attack the hunter when you first smelled him earlier..."

"See, my point taken. I'm fine, Lexa."

"I don't care what you say, I'm not leaving you till I'm sure."

Clarke sighed, "Fine, whatever."

A thought hits Lexa, "Dammit!" She mumbled, she quickly turned the car around.

Clarke was utterly confused, "What are you doing? I thought I was going home."

Lexa shook her head, "You were, but not anymore. I was all caught up about you and the war... I forgot all about Octavia."

Clarke tilted her head still confused, "Who's Octavia?"

Lexa sighed, "She's my sister, not by blood. Luna was like our mother, she treated Octavia like she was her own baby girl. After Lincoln and Indra left, I was given most of the responsibility, so I never really connected with Luna like Octavia did. Look, when she finds out about Luna's death, she'll be... I can't even find the right word to sum up her feel-" Lexa hit the brakes, her body became stiff as her eyes rolled back, her mouth was open wide.

Clarke's heart started to beat rapidly, she didn't know what to do. Clarke started to panic, "Oh my God, Lexa! Lexa! What the hell do I do?!"

Blood started seeping out of Lexa's eyes and nostrils. Clarke unbuckled her seatbelt and reached over to check Lexa's pulse, she couldn't find a pulse. Clarke shook her head and mentally slapped herself, "What am I doing? Vampires don't have a pulse... dammit!"

Clarke placed her hands on Lexa's shoulders and started to shake her, "Come on, Lex! Come back to me, please, I have so much to learn from you and as annoying as you are..." Clarke released her and rested her head on Lexa's chest as she started to cry blood out of her own eyes. Clarke continued, "You're irreplaceable, Lexa. I need you to come back to me, please! I'm not ready for you to go." Clarke tightly wrapped her arms around her as if her life depended on it, she tried not to cry.

Lexa's eyes rolled back as she gasped for air. Clarke quickly released Lexa and gave space between them, she opened her mouth, but nothing came out.

Lexa started panting, "She's... gone."

Clarke gave her a confusing look, "Who's gone?"

Lexa looked over at Clarke, "Luna. She's gone."

"We know that, Bellamy already told us."

"No, she was still alive. We had a chance to save her, but we didn't."

Clarke shook her head, "I'm so confused right now."