Chapter 1 In The Beginning

It was 2am, I was lying on my bed facing the ceiling. It was the end of summer and it was gradually getting colder.

Tomorrow was the first day of a new year at college, there was nothing to keep me there except that I wanted to keep my mom happy. I am in my 2nd year of college now and to be honest it was pretty shit, all anyone does is drink and get high...well that's what I do anyways.

There's me and a group of friends that stay at the fraternity house were not into that kind of stuff but it's a free place to live I suppose. I lay there for a few minutes before I fell asleep again.

                                                                                     *********

The birds woke me up from outside my window and the sunlight burst through a small gap inbetween the curtains. Great, school starts in 20 minutes and I'm not even up yet.

I climbed out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, After I had freshened up I threw some clothes on and ran out the door with my backpack.

The drive to school took about 5 minutes and I just made it into class before the bell went, I sat down in my usual seat at the back of the class and waited for the tutor to start talking.

Just as he began to talk a girl rushed in, I hadn't seen her before must be new, she was wearing a hoodie, sweatpants and a beanie, her long light brown hair resting over her shoulders. very casual.

She grabbed the seat next to mine and I glared at her but she just looked at me with piercing blue eyes that made me want to scream.

"right class as I was saying, nice to see some of you back this year and to see so many fresh faces" Mr Printon said, "This year we will be exploring romantic literature"

I groaned, this was why I wanted to drop English. As much as I loved English and how authors wrote things so passionatly I hated romance, it isn't my thing.

Everyone kept telling me how I needed to settle down with someone, What is the point in that? Girls are so easy these days.

They practically drop themselves at my feet and if I can get girls like that then whats  the point in settling down. It's too much effort and drama.

I don't feel love for anyone or anything so when I have sex with all these girls it's not because I feel a connection with them it's because I'm bored or it makes me look better in front of people. 

If they don't want to be used or taken advantage of then stop making yourself look like a slut because that's what boys like me look for ... Easy targets.

( In my journal 1 chapters takes up 4 pages so It may look short on here but it did take me a long time. Shauna x)