First Sight - Chapter 2

(TYLER'S POV)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sobbing had me feeling tired and weak so, I rested my head against the trunk of the tree and closed my eyes.

I tried to picture myself happy again, living a bully-free life away from all the hate.

I tried to picture myself laughing again, living an exciting life with all my friends by my side.

I tried to picture myself. But, I had lost who I was.

It was hard to think of positive things, therefore, I fell asleep thinking of negative things.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Drink some water :)
------------------

I woke up to a cool breeze playing with my hair and a song of a thrush. As I stood up, my head felt light and my back ached. I stepped out of the comfort of the shade and instantly regretted it. The Sun was too bright.

It took my eyes a long time to adjust but, the more they did, the more I began to realise how much shit I was in.

There definitely weren't tombstones in my room...

... Shit, I bet I was here for ages, I must be late! I started to freak out, my anxiety driving me crazy and accelerating my heart beat.

Since I've had problems with anxiety since I was little, I was able to get some pills prescribed last week.

I reached into my bag, popped one out and gulped it down with a swig of  water.

A few minutes passed and it started to activate my parasympathetic nervous system, making progress to return my heart rate to a normal level.

But my anxiety was overpowering. Head pounding, I popped two more and swallowed them. Then, another two just to make sure.

What I didn't realise was that these pills were very strong and it was advised not to take more than two. No matter what.

So the world continued to spin and my knees buckled. Before I lost consciousness, I spotted someone approaching me.

A dull voice called out: "Hey, are you okay?" And thats all I remembered. Apart from the fact their voice was super cute.

I passed out in their arms and they gasped in shock. My limp body was hoisted up and placed over their broad shoulders.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a second time, I woke up in unfamiliar surroundings.  Like last time, it was hard to make out where I was at first.

I could make out two outlines of figures; both sitting on chairs. One was sat in front of a desk, and it looked like they were talking.

Still unable to clearly see, I rested my head on a cushion and closed them until everything stopped aching.

My hearing ebbed and flowed. Some of the conversation was audible, some of it not.

"Thank you for your help ... [inaudible] ... here, take this note and give it to your teacher", instructed a deep voice with an accent. It seemed Australian, but I was off my t*ts.

"Okay just give him this ... {inaudible] ... I want him to contact me", said the other person. Their voice was familiar. I liked it.

I heard a chair move and someone exited the room. After that, I felt I could open my eyes again.

But, I almost screamed because I saw a man looking down at me when I opened them!

He had nice hair, nice eyes and a nice tan, but he still scared the sh*t out of me!

"Sorry I made you jump", he apologised. "You're awake now, and lucky that your mate found you." Definitely Australian.

"What part of Australia are you from?" I asked him, completely blanking what he said before.

"New Zealand."

"Oh." I sighed.

"How do you feel now?"
He wore a white overcoat; a stethoscope tucked in the breast pocket.

"You're a doctor!" I blurted.

"Yes I am!!" He replied, with a chuckle. "Now could you tell me how you feel?"

"Oh, I am fine now!" I winked. Then, blushed. A lot. "No, yeah umm I'm fine."

He decided I should go home, rather than attend school. However, that was obviously off the cards.

"Is there anything else I can help with?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah, um, who was that guy who brought me here? Did he give a name or? -"

"- Ah! Yes!" His eyes lit up and he handed me a small note. "I almost forgot, he asked me to give you this."

"Thanks, I'll go home now", I lied.

"Okay,  bye now", he said.