The Note - Chapter 3

(TYLER'S POV)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're, like, thirty minutes late", was the first welcome I received upon arrival at school. "That's the fifth time this term, Tyler, and we're only five days in", Miss Trumplestein said.

Normally, I would excuse my way out of a paper bag but, I wasn't willing to spend my limited energy on someone like Miss Trumplestein.

Silently, I walked on and approached reception.

"Hey Tyler, how are you?" Anna, the receptionist asked.

"Fine", I replied.

"Okay, so your current lesson is Art and that's in room B53. Have a good day!" She smiled.

"At least someone's cheery", I joked; referring to myself.

"Ohh, ignore Miss Trumplestein. She's always in a mood!" She assured me.

"Too right Anna, thanks."

"No problem, go slay it!" She winked.

Wow. It's crazy how life pans out. I had ended up befriending a school receptionist, who cared about me more than my entire family. Mad.

In my opinion, however, Anna just loves everyone, and I'm not really special at all...

... Room B53 was a short walk from the entrance. As I continued walking towards it, my nerves built up. Each turn and every step added to the tension. My discomfort was palpable.

I was aware it's always awkward being late to class, but missing half a lesson? I couldn't bring myself to do it.

All eyes would be on me, and I wouldn't have handled it well at all.
Therefore, I stopped in my tracks when I reached the door and prepared to ditch school.

The universe had other ideas, though.

A whisper from behind made me sh*t myself: "Go on!"

I whipped my body round, and discovered it was Anna from reception. She must have followed me to ensure I entered safely, and without fuss.

Her face was alive with emotion, and her smile was infectious.

Seeing her every morning altered my mood but, looking into her eyes was something else. I was entranced; completely spaced out.

"Earth to Tyler?" She repeated.

"Oh right, yeah um, I'm ready now."

"Sure? You look off" She pointed out.

"Well, ugh, I'll take that as a compliment, thanks again Anna."

"Haha!" She laughed, "No need to thank me, just relax and have a chill time in there, yeah?"

"Yeah of course", I smiled for the first time in ages.

"Good, I'll talk to Miss Spearing for you. She'll go easy on you today" She said, jokingly.

I thanked her and walked into class as Anna called Miss Spearing outside.

I was so grateful for Anna but, coming to school that day would turn out to be the worst decision of my life.

The lesson ran smoothly and was actually quite enjoyable. Sitting next to Lana was pretty cool too because we had a lot in common.

But little did I know, forming this connection with her would later have grave repercussions.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Wear some comfy clothes :)
------------------

After bunking off PE, it was the end of the school day, and the note was starting to drive me crazy.