1//Pack your bags

Maddison

It's been four months since I've had this little muffin cooking in me.
Bad way to put being pregnant but I'm trying to make the best of it.

My mother got past the 'not talking to me' stage and moved on to the 'what color should we paint the room' stage.
I've decided with either baby yellow, mint green or light teal. 

"Why not pink for a girl and blue for a guy?" My mother argued.

"Same reason I'm against gender roles." I snap at her.

She'd let it slide because I blame it on the hormones but it constantly ticks me off that she hasn't gotten the hint yet.

Right now I'm at my condo. Alone. Watching The Conjuring. 

Clara warned me not to watch horror movies while I'm pregnant but I didn't catch her reason so I decided to do it anyways.

I was in the middle of watching the demon girl try and kill Lorraine when my mother barged in my living room.

"What the actual hell is wrong with you?" My mother asked.

I can't imagine why she's asking that.
It's not like she walked in on her pregnant 20 year old daughter in a blanket covering her whole body except for her eyes watching a horror movie and eating baby carrots covered in peanut butter.

"Mother ask yourself that, you raised me." I said and slowly popped another baby carrot in my mouth.

I paused the horror movie and shimmied out of the blanket to reveal my dark blue onesie. 

"Honey I have some news for you." she said and sat down on my couch.

I cleared up the table and walked to the kitchen. I cringed when I saw the state of my white marbled counter.
Peanut butter and cracker crumbs everywhere.

I put my plate and cup in the dish washer after rinsing them and went back to the living room where my mother was patiently waiting.

"So what's the news." I ask and sat next to her and absentmindedly rubbing my growing belly.

"Well, your father and I have been talking about this for a while and we've finally decided that....you should move to San Francisco."

"Wait what?!"

"We thought it would be better for you and the baby and-"

"No that's it! I'm going to run away and you and dad will never see me again. I'm tired of you making decisions for me!" I yelled and stood up.

Her eyes widened in shock and I even saw tears in her eyes.
"Honey....you don't mean that do you?" She asked and stood up too.

I sat back down and smiled a relaxed smile at her.
"Nah I'm just messing with you. Yeah San Francisco sounds great, I don't think LA is good for me right now. With all the triggers and what not." I say and wave a hand dismissively.

My mother glared at me.
"It's moments like these is when I wished you had more of your fathers traits and none of mine. My mother was right, dealing with me must have been hell." She said and walked to the kitchen.

I laughed at her and followed her into the kitchen.
"But what about Clara though? I can't possibly live without her. Or you guys."

My mom rolled her eyes.
"Clara's moving there too. Didn't she inform you have her many job offers of being fashion designer all around California?"

I nodded, remembering the talk me and Clara had a month ago. She was planning on dropping out of college and taking up on one of her offer's location.