19// Girls Night Part 1

Maddison

It's Friday, the 24th of October.
The day I've been dreading all week, and that kept my mind far away from the meetings I had to attend for work, the friends I had and the food I'm supposed to eat.

Am I overreacting? I don't know. But what I do know is that I'm a mother who's scared to death of losing her baby, even if it is for just a day.

Right now, Sophia's at school and Anderson texted me that he wants to meet up at the mall, close to the Starbucks we saw each other for the first time in 7 years.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with?" Clara asked with a pout.

I smiled at her accusingly. She's wearing a gorgeous black dress with a brown faux fur coat over it, some red velvet knee high boots.

"I'm pretty sure you'd want to head into town and accept the attention from all the male population instead of having breakfast with me and Anderson." I say with a smirk.

"First of all, when me and Luc have a fight, attention from other people is a great remedy for me. Secondly, breakfast with you and Anderson sounds very appealing." She says and flips her dark, wavy hair behind her shoulder.

I shake my head.

"Love the boots by the way." I say and walk into the kitchen to grab my purse off the kitchen Island.

"Thanks! I ordered it online." She said and started feeling up the soft material of her boots.

I look at her again and then I look at myself.

I'm wearing a plain black, flowy shirt tucked into my white jeans and the green Vans Olivia gave me for my  birthday.

This is basically how it always was in High school. She's the glamorous one out of the two of us and that's one of the things I love about her. One of the things that drew me to her in our all girls school all those years ago.

Just the thought of a little girl with rich, long dark hair with her sparkly plastic tiara was enough to make me smile.

"Fine, fine. You can come." I say and she grins.

*********************************************************

We arrived at the mall approximately 20 minutes later, after having a pit stop at the gas station. 

Clara wanted to put the gas in so she can 'learn' but I knew better. There was a super cute, young worker who was also helping other people put their gas in their cars and he was giving her the 'I want you in my bed' eyes.

She thrived for the attention.

The mall isn't so busy since it's the morning on a school day but there were still a few people, idly walking around.

"Where did he say he was?" Clara asked, her heels clicking on the marble floor of the mall is the only sound apart from the soft music playing on the speakers.

"Food court." I reply curtly.

We walk to the food court and I shivered, I cursed at myself for being stupid and not bringing a coat.

When we entered the food court I immediately spotted Anderson. He was in line at the pizza gallery and he's on his phone.

A second later my phone buzzed.

Anderson: Where are you????

Maddison: I'm right behind you, chill.

He turned around and a smile instantly appeared on his face.