chapter 2-Meeting danger

[Everybody's got a bad side]

This morning I woke up with a killer head ache. Not that I don't have them often, but usually they hurt less than now. I got up from my bed and went in the bathroom to grab two tylenols. After that, I got ready and went downstairs. I grabbed an apple and sat down at the lunch counter in the kitchen. My mom was listening to one of the Beatles songs really loud and it was killing me. "Mom, could you please turn it off" I asked her. "Why you don't like my song?" and then she started singing really loud with the music. "Well, shake it up, baby, now, twist and shout, c'mon" I felt as if my head was gonna explode so I cut her. "Mom stop it really, Now!" She went and pressed pause on her cellphone. "I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" she told me. I didn't even bother replying every noise made me feel as if someone was using my head as a drum. "Is it your headaches again?" my mother asked me. I just nodded my head and she grab the telephone and left the room. She came back two minutes later and told me she called school. I had my morning off to rest so I grab my cell phone and went to lay down on the couch. I texted Blaire:
S- My headache is back🙄, I'm gonna miss the morning
B- Oh no, take care, I'll see you at lunch. Don't forget to drink water😉
How could I have forgotten to drink water? It's actually the only thing that stops my headache and I had completely forgotten about it, stupid me. Just as I was going to get up, my mother arrived giving me my water bottle. "What would I do with you mother?" I told her. "I have no idea, so let's not think about that, rest, I will pick you before lunch to drive you to school" and then I fell asleep.

I woke up before lunch and my headache was finally gone. I went to the kitchen and filled up my water bottle. I didn't want my head hurting again so I would not forget to drink it. I grabbed my school bag just as my mom entered the drive way. We arrived to school ten minutes later. I gave my mom a kiss on the cheek and got out. When I got to my locker Blaire was already there. " Hey bestfriend, feeling better" she asked me. " Yes, I forgot to drink water again" I told her. "Really c'mon S, you got to stop forgetting that"she said at the same as I grabbed my water bottle. "Oh and I forget to tell you, there's this new guy today at the table" she told me. "Yeah I know, he's Nate childhood best friend" I responded to her as we entered the cafeteria. " He's now the hottest guy in school, really and he has a lot of money too. We're probably gonna see him often for now on" Blaire told me as we made our way towards our table. "Serena, I  have been looking for you everywhere, where were you?" Nate told me. "Well hello to you too" I said before I gave a small kiss on the lips. "No seriously where were you?" he asked again. "Don't need to go psycho on the poor girl Nate" a face I had never seen before told Nate. I turned my attention towards him and said " You must be Chuck, I'm Serena, Nate's girlfriend". "Well I figured that one out on my own" he replied. It had been only two minutes I met the guy and he was already annoying me. I focus my attention back to my boyfriend who was sending a death glare at his best friend. " I had one of my headaches again, so my mom called school and gave me my morning to rest" I told him. "Why didn't you text me." "I texted Blaire, I thought she was going to tell you" I replied and turn towards Blaire. "You didn't tell Nate?" I asked her. "Omg sorry S, I forgot" she replied. Then the bell rang and we all went our separated way to our next class.

The third period past in a blur.I had ethics next, so I grab my binder and started walking towards the class. When I got there, almost everybody was in the class and someone was in my spot. I started making my way towards the person but soon realize that it was Chuck. It was too late though, he had notice me. "Hey Sierra right" he said looking my way " come sit next to me". "I would of maybe considered it if you got my name right" I replied and went to sit somewhere else. The class started boring as always but as soon as the teacher said we had a project and we could work in pairs she got everybody's attention. "Are we going to choose our partners?" Josh, a boy from the last row, asked. "No I will be pairing you guys, so you can meet new people" Ms. Johanson told the class getting a disappointed look for everyone. "Isabella and Matthew, Josh and Clara, Paige and Lukas" I dosed off until I heard my name" and finally Serena with Chuck" the teacher finished saying. I must been having a bad dream I said pinching myself. "You're so happy to be happy to be with me that you have to be pinching yourself you're not dreaming" Chuck told me as he made his way towards me. "In your dreams Bass" I replied. Without one more word we started working on the project which consisted of writing an essay on human relations. We had gotten pretty far on the brainstorming when the bell rang. I grab my things just as Ms.Johanson called my name. " You wanted to see me" I asked the old lady. "Yes I wanted to ask you if you could keep an eye on M.Bass, he's been through a lot and I don't know how he is going to react to this project. Since you are partners with him it would be the easiest way for me to know how he is doing" Ms. Johanson told me. "Of course Mam, I'll keep an eye on him." I told her as I exited the classroom. What had been Chuck through that even Nate didn't tell me? Why did he come back?

As I walked towards my locker towards my locker, I noticed that there was almost nobody in the hallways. I hurried to my locker, grabbed my things very fast and sprinted to the bus area to see the buses leaving. "Oh god, how am I going to get home now" I told myself. "Well a knight in shinning armour always help" I heard someone say as I turn around to see the one and only Chuck in his car. "Did I really say that out loud" "Yeah you did" Chuck replied chuckling "come on get in, I will drive you home". " Why on earth are you being nice to me now?" I asked him. "Because your my best friend's girlfriend." and just like that I gave him my address and let him drive me home. The drive to my house was in complete silence. He seemed just as buried than me in his on thoughts. I couldn't help but wonder if it was right to ask him about the hard past Ms. Johanson talked about. "Here, this is your house right" Chuck asked me. "Yeah sorry, got lost in my thoughts again" I replied. "You seem like you want to ask me something so go ahed" he said. "Why did you come back Chuck" I asked the man standing in front of me. "Let's just say I needed to get away from all the darkness and find a little sunshine but maybe one day I'll tell you all about it" he replied. I turned around and entered my house in my thoughts again. Let's just say danger has a name, and it's definitely Chuck Bass.