19

Y/N POV

Odell and I are having a pillow fight and I'm clearly winning.

O - Ahh! Hold on I got something in my eye

Y - Oh! Come here. Lemme get it

O - Please be careful, it's my eye

As I began to walk closer to him, he grabs my waist and tackles me to the bed. He started tickling me until he got what he wanted.

O - Say you love me

Y - baby, I can't breathe *laughing*

O - yea you can. You could say that so tell me you love me

Y - I love you! I love you! I love you! Now get off me!!

He got up and looked at me as I tried to catch my breath. We decided to go to the beach and just chill with Mr. Alex. Odell and I learned how to surf and wakeboard from Mr. Alex who grew up around this. We stayed for about 3 hours and headed home. As I was settling in I kept getting calls from my step dad. Obviously continuously pressing ignore, he continued to call me. I decided to take a shower with my pooh bear and just chill the rest of the day. After my step dad called for the 10th time, I decided to answer.

Phone Call -

Y - What!!

Sd - Your mom

Y - Yes, what about her?

Sd - she's in the hospital

Y - why??! What happened?

Sd - She overdosed

Phone Call End -

Shocked, I just sat on my bed with my mouth open. I got my laptop and looked for the next flight to Louisiana. Odell looked at me and was very confused.

O - wassup with you?

Y - I'm so sorry baby, I know this is supposed to be our vacation and we still have one more day but I have to go home.

O - why baby?

Y - My mom ... she OD

O - overdosed?!? On what?

Y - I don't know, my step dad called and I didn't want to have a long conversation with him.

O - ok, well when you going back?

Y - The next flight is in three hours, I have to go. You can stay baby and enjoy your time.

O - Well I'm not, I'm coming. It's ok, we'll plan some other time.

Y - I'm so sorry pooh

O - Shh, go pack. I'll buy the tickets

I did what I was told and eventually got everything, both of our stuff. I went and got Mr. Alex who was almost asleep. He started the car and waited for us. Once he dropped us off at the airport, we said our goodbyes and headed on the plane.

5 hours later -

At the hospital -

Y - Hey I'm here for Y/M/N

? - Oh um we um

Y - what?

SD - Y/N she's gone

Y - *sobs* what are you talking about? Where'd she go? MOM!!! MOM!! *drops to the floor* please, I'm sorry

SD - It's Ok *hugs you*

Y - Get off me! It's not ok, this is the women that birth me you idiot * starts walking out then turns back* and don't think because she's gone we're buddy buddy and going to sob together. You can forget that. If she's gone, you should be too.

SD - What does that mean?

Y - Don't contact me!! *walks to front desk*
Can I see her body please?

? - Yes, this way

Y - *grabs Odell's hand and follows lady*
Why is she in here?

? - Well she's ya know, dead. We can't keep her on a bed, plus she's been here for 2 hours

Y - *drops jaw* omg * grabs her moms hand and kissed it* I love you mom *begins crying and weeping*

O - Shh *pulls y/n in his chest and rubs her head* I'm here baby

Y - Thank you ms?

? - Ms. Tracy, and it's not problem. Any question just let me know.

Y - I just want to know what she overdosed on and why?

Ms. Tracy - We're not sure what she overdosed on. The man you were talking to said they were in a heated fight and she locked herself in the bathroom. He said he eventually found her on the floor.

Y - *gasps* It's his fault, Odell I want to go home *cries*

Odell drove me home a complete silence. Walking into the house and to the bathroom I looked in the mirror looking at my moms features in me. Odell walked into the bathroom and kissed my neck only to be rejected. I pushed him off me, put on some shorts and laid in bed. I stared at the ceiling trying to process the fact that I'll never see my mother again. The only mad I can't stand to be around had to be the one to cause my mothers death. I swear if he contacts me again, he's going to regret it. I felt Odell jump in bed next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

O - I know this is hard baby, but I promise that I'm going to be here every step of the way. I hate she had to leave this world like that but she definitely changed the way people look at each other. She was beautiful inside out and I mean that.

Y - It's his fault

O - Shh baby. It's not, it was an accident

Y - He was the accident! I told her I didn't like him and you know you didn't like him either.

O - I know baby, but this isn't the way to handle things. Although we have to move on, don't put it on him or you'll do something you'll regret.

Y - MOVE ON?!? This is my mother not a dog. And I never regret anything I do, so whatever my step dad has coming his way, he deserves it.

O - Baby but -

Y - Shut up! *gets up* I'm sleeping in the guest room

O - Baby don't do this, I'm sorry. Please just let me be here for you

I continued to walk to the guest room. I laid in a huge, cold bed by myself. I thought about what just happened and what I'm going to do about it. As I slowly began to drift to sleep I felt Odell slide next to me. He pulled me into his chest and kissed my forehead.

1 week later -

------------------------------------------------------
Awe man. I hope y/n is ok. I'm sure Odell can handle munchie, right?

COMMENT , vote, share

One more chapter ... I'm sorry loves. Looks like the end of the road. Sequel? Maybe...Maybe Not, it's up to y'all. Lemme know🤔

Thanks Loves💕