20

Funeral Day -

Y/N POV -

I was up, in front of my entire family, giving a speech about my mom. Odell stood beside me... as he promised and held my hand.

Y - You were my mom and my teacher. You were my role model and my accomplice, and you were my true counterpart. I will always love you, hold you and honor you, I will forever respect you, encourage you and cherish you. For all the days of my life. I promised to be your supporter, companion and friend. I'm your ally in conflict, your biggest fan and your toughest adversary. Your comrade in adventure, your consolation in disappointment. This is my sacred vow to you mom and I'll never betray it.

As I finished my speech, I looked around. Most people were crying... including my step dad. I gave him the ugliest look before going to my seat. A couple more family members said some words before we went to a gathering at her favorite restaurant. Odell ate a lot of food and took some to go. I didn't eat at all. It's sick that half these people either don't know my mom or didn't like her. Then her ugly husband decides to show up when he caused it. I got up and left for the bathroom. I went to a stall and slide down the wall. I cried to myself, wondering where time went. Once I finished my session, I cleaned up and told Odell I was ready to leave.

O - This is your family y/n. Don't you need to grieve?

Y - This isn't family. These are sick people that need a reason to cry or excessively eat. No one at this table knows my mothers name. None of them were there for her when she had me at 20. None of them were there for her at any point of her life, but this is what they do. It's life, right? Now like I said... I'm ready to go.

Odell looked into my eyes and looked away. He got up, grabbed his bag with the rest of his food and lead me out the building. He drove slowly with his hand rubbing my thigh. We clearly passed our house so I guess he's taking me somewhere.

Odell POV

Y - *sighs* Odell where are you taking me?

O - Somewhere you can relax

She kept quiet and leaned her head back. She drifted to sleep since we had about 30 more minutes. Once we arrive I got out the car and to her side. I unbuckled her seat belt and carried her through the woods. She slowly began to wake up.

Y - Pooh bear? Why are we in the woods?

O - Shhh

As the trees stared to disappear, a beautiful waterfall appeared.

Y - Woah!! This is beautiful

View -