Chapter 2: Kara's POV

Copyrights 2014 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2:

Kara’s POV

The thick foliage of earth crumbled under my combat boots as I stalked through the forest just outside of our land. I felt an eerie shiver tingle down my spine, I was alone and was now beginning to relish the feeling.

Normally I felt comfortable when I was in the woods on our land. Like I was in my element, and could let my true self run free, but today the woods seemed darker than usual. I felt like I was out here for the first time all over again and needed to clutch onto dad’s hand again to get rid of my fears, instead of having a normal stroll like I had multiple times before.

Hitching my chin up high, I swallowed the childish fear that had consumed me when I was little and decided to roam around the woods I had grown so accustom to. After all the only reason I was here was to actually sneak away from my brothers for a while.

Sneaking out wasn’t an unusual thing for me, though I had to be very careful because even the slightest mood swing would alert Leon that something wasn’t right. I just needed space from me over barring brother and our bond sometimes. 

Usually I had never gone this far out but I needed space. Space that I felt could be found between my normal hunting ground and the border. I needed time to think for myself away from my brothers and my parents incessant phone calls. After breakfast Leon had cleaned everything up and told me to hang out with Hayden, it wasn’t long after that mother had rang him and found about the nightmare I’d had. 

I wasn’t mad at Hayden, just annoyed more than anything. I knew he didn’t mean to tell my mother what had happened, but I was sitting right there in front of him when he went and blurted everything out. I had made hand gestures to get him to stop and still nothing. He was completely oblivious and went and told mother everything. 

Now my dear parents were on their way home after visiting grandpa. The second they go home I knew they were going to baby me and ask questions and I quiet frankly didn’t want that, I couldn’t handle it. I felt even worse because mum and dad had left grandpa because of me. 

I didn’t know the full extent to grandpa’s well being, or lack there of, but whenever a vampire grew ill it was serious. We had a high immune system and rarely contracted diseases, so this was serious and I felt terrible for pulling my parents away from grandpa when he clearly needed and wanted them with him. 

I wished I knew more about his condition and that I could do more, but I was only sixteen. A newly turned fledgeling and there wasn’t much I could do under my parents watchful eye because they still saw me as their little girl.

The thought of something being serious wrong with my grandfather made my heart jerk in anxiety. He was the only grandfather I had even known seeing as my mothers parents had passed before I was born. Even though we lived on different sides of the world my grandparents were always there and they visited all the time just to see how much we had grown and what we were up too. I loved them dearly and had countless fond memories of them and didn't want that to end anytime soon.

The only thing I had from my mothers parents was my grandmothers name and a few trinkets of theirs and stories from my mother. I was sad that I never got to meet them but I could miss them because I never really knew them. That was way the thought of something being wrong with grandpa Claus was so conflicting. I didn’t want to loose someone I had known and loved so dearly, the pain would be to great.