Chapter 4: Kara's POV

Copyrights 2014 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4

 Kara’s POV

“My beautiful, beautiful baby. My God I can’t believe I wasn’t here for you” mum all but sobbed as she held onto me, her grip so tight it was becoming almost painful. I tapped her back trying to comfort her as well as let her know that she was crushing me.

“Oh, sweetheart” she continues.

At this point the door creaks open and dad steps in. I let out a sigh of relief not being about to hold it back. I was so happy to see him because I knew he would be able to calm mum down. And hopefully pry her off me.

“Babe, maybe you should let our daughter go” he said gently as he pulled my desk chair towards the edge of the bed were mum was gripping the death out of me.

“Xavier!” he gasped in horror as she pulled away slight and turned to scowled him.

Dad sniggered and looked down trying to hide the twinkle of amusement in his eyes. My heart tugged slightly at that look. 

I loved my parents but I was envious of the relationship they had with each other. Not that I wasn’t happy for them. I was. I just wished I and the sort of relationship they did. One filled with devotion and unconditional love. It was the looks they gave each other that made me wish I found my mate. 

Mum blushed before pulling me closer to her and stroking my hair. Any previous thoughts about mates went out the window as she smothered me with kisses and cooes. My cheeks flushed with embarrassment. I was 16 now not 5 she didn’t have to baby just because of a nightmare. That she wasn’t supposed to know about. 

“I hate you Leon” I growled under my breath.

“Kara don’t say that about your brother” mum scowled as she pulled away from me again. 

She cupped my face in here hands, pushing my hair away from my face with the tips of her finger, her glistening eyes filled with unshed tears as she stared at me.

“What happened sweetheart? Was it a person? Did they hurt you?” said asked. Firing question after question. 

I looked between both of the biting my lip. I was cornered now as dad moved the desk chair closer and placed his hand on my knee trying to comfort me. His eyes staring into mine pleading me to confined in him. In both of them.

“Please Princess” he murmured softly as he squeezed my knee. 

My lips parted and I almost let out a heart renting sob as tears started to flow down my cheeks. This was going to be my breaking point. Dad hadn’t called me princess in years, and even though I still knew I was his one and only little girl, It broke my heart that only now at a time like this that he would refer to my old nickname.

I felt suffocated, and if I didn’t get out of her soon I would end up telling them everything. Every dream, every fear. Every single little detail that I had kept from them for my own torment. 

Why would I do that? Because I didn’t want them to worry. I wanted to be able to deal with my own problems in life. I wanted to prove to them I was strong enough to deal with things, that I wasn’t this poor little creature they felt the need to baby.

But there was also another thing holding me back from telling them everything. I feared a lot of things in my life, and one of them was my parents not accepting what was going on. I didn’t want them to hear about my problems and then fear that they would tell me I was overreacting, or that they would send me away.