Offically in charge

The next morning I woke up to noises that were being made outside. I walked out to see people moving out Devon's stuff and everyone of my friends watching with no expressions on their faces. I walked over in shock next to Jack.
"It's nothing personal. It's just they could use his stuff for other things." Jack said trying to make this not look as bad as it seemed. I nodded stiffly.
"Well I'm going to training." I said wanting to get away from this.
"Actually Jax said that all our jobs were canceled because of a meeting he wanted to have, but i dont know what it's about." He said shrugging his shoulders. I knew exactly what it was about and I felt my heart speed up at the thought of it. Officially having to lead these people it really scares me.

I walked away feeling my heart speed up and anxiety fill my body. This was actually happening. This is real life. I walked to Jax's cabin hoping to get some reassurance about today. I walked in and he was already up.
"Hey." I said walking in not knocking like usual.
"Hey, you ready for today?" He asked. I looked down.
"Not really." I said quietly.
"Trust me it's fine. All you have to do is stand there while someone talks. Then accept a jacket that represents you are the leader. Then that's all." He said smiling.
"Why a jacket?" I questioned.
"The jacket represents you are the leader. I'm not exactly sure why." He said shrugging his shoulders.
"But you'll be fine. Trust me." He said with a slight nod of the head.
"It's not just today that I'm worried about it the rest of the time. I dont know if I am going to be able to lead these people." I said taking a seat on the bed. He walked over and sat next to me with a sigh.
"It's going to be hard there is no lie in that. But we can get through this, together." He said taking my hand in his. I looked down at his hand trying to focus on the good things. I won't have to do his alone. At least Jax will be with me.

"Is this the reason Harvey wanted me so bad? He knew I was going to be the new leader so if I was dead and he killed Andromida and Jethro he knew this tribe would end." I said looking down putting all the pieces together. He looked sad and nervous.
"Yea, but luckily he didn't win and that's all that matters." He said with a forced smile. I nodded in somewhat agreement.
"Now go get ready. We will be starting in a few minutes." He said standing back up. I nodded my head then left without another word. I went back to my cabin, put on the special clothes Roxy had gave me earlier. It wasn't anything special though just more fancy shirt and pants.

Then I was off. I could see everyone else was already waiting for something to happen. I found my way to Jax who was talking with an older man who I have never met before.
"Hey, you ready?" He asked. I nodded my head feeling my heart skip multiple beats out of nervousness. We both walked up in front of everyone and they all had emotionless faces. Then the older guy came up in front of us and started talking in a loud, but professional voice.

I don't know exactly what he said. I zoned out about half way through it. He was taking about professional stuff and tradition plus other stuff I had no idea what it meant. It was stuff I didn't understand which sparked my curiosity, but I also felt myself getting more and more bored. My legs started getting sore from standing there not doing anything and this man has been talking for about 20 minutes. No one else looked as bored as me so I tried my best to hide my boredom.

After about five more minutes he turned back to us with a smile. Jax started walking next to him and I followed going on the other side of the man. Then a girl came up on the stage with two jackets.
"It is with my great honor that I now pass down the tradition with the new leaders to keep this tribe going." He said with a smile then he took one jacket that looked pretty big so I was guessing it was Jax's. He walked over to him and let him put it on. Then gave a quick nod of the head then walked back to the girl. He got the other jacket that was mine and walked over to me. He gave me it and I quickly put it on. He gave me a quick nod with an expressionless face and I nodded back. Then he walked back to the front where the girl was standing only seconds ago, but now she was gone.
"I present to you the new leaders." He said then stepped back. We both walked to the very front of everyone as the clapped. They just sat there and clapped as we looked out onto all of them. I didn't know how or what to feel right now. I tried to look for my friends to see how shocked they would be. But I could not find them in the crowd.

I felt my body go stiff and I felt extremely uncomfortable. Jax noticed my discomfort and took my hand in his. I looked over at him with a worried expression. He gave a slight smile with a nod. I just looked back down. After they where all done clapping I followed Jax off the stage. The whole time the jacket was feeling extremely heavy. Like more heavy than it actually was.
"That wasn't so bad was it?" Jax asked trying to lighten the mood.
"That wasn't the hard part." I simply said. He didn't reply just looked down sadly. After that I went off the find my friends hoping they would not be too weirded out by the new circumstances.

Soon enough I found all of them in a group away from the big crowd. I knew about half of the tribe was okay with me being leader and half of them hated it. They didn't like me because I was not born into the tribe. I shook the thought away as I walked over to them trying to act casual, but I could already tell by their faces that was not going to happen.
"Hey guys." I said when I approached them. They all nodded as a hi.
"Please don't treat me differently." I said looking them all in the eye.
"I guess it's just a little weird, but I won't." Jack said walking and putting an arm over my shoulder making me smile. They all nodded their heads agree to what Jack said.
"Yea we were just thinking......" Josh trailed off making a weird face. He looked like he was going to pass out. His face got white and he was contorting his face in pain.
"Josh, are you okay?" Jack asked taking his arm off me. Jack walked over to him to help before he fell over, but as he was walking Josh started coughing violently he bent over holding his stomach. We watched in horror as he started coughing up blood then fell to his knees.

Cliffhanger. Feedback please!
-Mac🕸🕸