Chapter 1

Kris's POV
"Dude did you hear that we're getting a new athletic trainer today?" Anthony asked as we stood outside the backstop waiting for our turn to hit. "Yeah. I wonder where he came from." I said. "I don't know but he better be good cause Kyle can't seem to stay healthy!" He said the last part louder to where Kyle could hear him from the other side of the backstop and he flipped us off. We we're all laughing when our head trainer, Gary, walked out of the dugout and got our attention.

"Gentleman! I'd like you to meet Madison Tubb, our new athletic trainer." He said and me and Anthony looked at each other at the same time. "It's not a he!" I whispered to Anthony and he laughed. "Rizzo, is there something funny about this?" Gary asked. "Oh. No sir. KB just told me a joke." He said pointing at me. "What was the joke?" Gary asked me. "Oh... Um... What did the fish say when it swam into the wall?" I asked trying to hold back a laugh. "I don't know." Gary said. "Dam!" I responded and the whole team played along and started laughing. "Ok. Well, Everybody keep doing what you were doing. Except you Kris. You're gonna show Madison around." He said and there were some "oooo's" from the team. "Oook." I said and I walked over to her as Gary walked away. "I'm Kris." I said sticking my hand out. "I know who you are." She said with a smile as she shook my hand.

"This is the club house and snack room. As you can see, we, I mean Anthony, likes to eat." I said and she laughed. "And this is where you'll be working." I continued as we entered the training facility. "Thanks for show..." Madison started to say but she was cut off by someone. "Kris! Kris!" John yelled. "What the hell do you want?" I jokingly said. "You're the only one who hasn't hit. Come on." He said. "Um it was nice meeting you... I'll see you around I guess..." I said before walking out to the field to hit.

The game went great. We beat the Reds 7-2 and I had 2 homers. "Hey KB, some of the guys were gonna go out for drinks. You wanna come?" Anthony asked. "No thanks. I gotta get home to Anna." I told him. "Oh yeah. Go have fun ya lovebird." He said and I glared at him then got my stuff and drove home.

I pulled into the driveway of my house and got out. I walked inside and saw no sign of my girlfriend so I set my keys down and started walking upstairs. I got to our bedroom door and it was closed so I quietly opened it, thinking Anna was asleep, but boy was I wrong. "What the fuck Anna?!"
~~~~~~~~~~
First chapter! I know it's not great. but I'm leaving you with a cliffhanger!!🙄😛 hope y'all enjoy this story!!