Chapter 15

Kris's POV
I woke up around 9:30 this morning but Madi was still asleep so I let her be. I got out of bed and peed before walking down stairs to be met by a disaster. Wrigley had chewed threw his cage and squeezed out of the little hole he had made then had proceeded to chew the couch cushions, the legs of the dinning room table and chairs, and the rug under the table. I continued to walk around until I found him laying in front of Jack's cage, chewing on it. "Wrigley!" I yelled before picking him up and carrying him outside. "Bad boy!" I yelled before going back inside to see a half asleep Madi standing at the foot of the stairs in shock at the mess. "How did he even get out of his cage?" She asked. "He chewed through it." I replied as I began to pick up the mess. "He's scratching at the door." A somewhat delirious Madi commented. "Well he's not coming back in until I can get this all cleaned up and go get him and new cage." I told her. "Okay. Well I'm gonna let Jack out to pee then I'll help you." She said before opening Jack's cage then putting him outside before helping me clean up.

"Okay we gotta get to the field." Madi said after I walked down the stairs in my shorts and Cubs shirt. I grabbed my keys and walked out the door with Madi following close behind. When we arrived at the field, we got out of the car and walked toward the clubhouse.

"Kris! My boy!" I heard the Puerto Rican accent of none other than Javier Baez the second we walked in. "Hey Javy." I replied with a smile then proceeded to walk to my locker and Madi went to her office. "Hey who are we playing this series?" Anthony announced loud enough for most of the clubhouse to hear. "You're kidding me, right?" Wilson asked and Anthony shook his head. "Rizz, we play Arizona." I told him as Wilson shook his head in joking disappointment. "Lets go ladies! Hit the field for BP!" Joe yelled across the clubhouse. "Man, for the millionth time, we ain't women!" Carl announced. "That's improper grammar use CJ!" Jake yelled. "Sorry Mr. Arrieta!" Carl yelled as we ran to the field in a fit of laughter.

Madi's POV
I walked out of my office and onto the field to do my rounds. "Rizz, how's the back?" I asked, walking over to where Anthony and my handsome fiancé were standing behind the plate. "Back and better than ever! See what I did there? Back?!" Anthony said, laughing at his own corny joke. "I get it." I replied before walking away. "Damn man. Who's the trainer? She's hot." Kris said just loud enough for me to hear him so I shot him a look and he laughed.

It's finally game time and the guys are really fired up. Jon is looking very loose and confident, which is always as good thing. It's the bottom of the 1st and Ben gets the hitting started with a lead off single to right. Kris came up next, singling to center, moving Ben to third. Wilson got on base, drawing a 1 out walk, bringing Albert up, who ripped one up the middle scoring all three base runners.

In the bottom of the 2nd, Ian quickly gets things rolling with a shot to right then Kris hit a sac fly, scoring Jon. Anthony came up next, belting a 2 run homer to left.

Now in the top of the fourth, Jon takes the mound fresh off of his first career home run. The first 2 batters of the inning are quickly retired on an infield pop up and a strike out. Coming up is the 4th batter of the inning. After throwing strike number 3, the inning is over and Jon notches down his 2nd career milestone of the night, 2,000 strikeouts.

The Cubbies took game one of the series by a whopping score of 16-4. I made my way into the clubhouse to see dancing, air guitars, air drums, and bats being used as microphones as all the guys sang along to the blaring music. I just laughed before continuing through the clubhouse to my office. After a while, I heard the music turn off and within seconds, Kris was at the door of my office. "You ready to go hot stuff?" He asked leaning against the door frame and crossing his arms. "Dang. I would leave with you anytime." I said smiling and standing up from my chair. I walked over to Kris who wrapped his arms around my waist and connected his lips to mine. "Get a room!" We heard from the hallway and looked to see Addison standing there laughing. "Hey this is my room!" I replied and he laughed before walking away. "Lets go home." Kris said before draping his arm over my shoulders and leading us out to the parking lot.
~~~~~~~~~~
First of all, 16-4 WIN FOR THE CUBBIES TONIGHT!! These guys are on fire right now and I'm loving it!! Second, the "game update" part was written as I was watching the game. I did skip a few innings but that's because I got too caught up in the game😬 and third, the very beginning of the chapter, I didn't just make that up. I got a new dog and when I woke up yesterday morning, he had done everything that was mentioned in the chapter. Also, I'm going to the Braves game this coming Saturday as my brothers birthday present. I would much rather go to Wrigley, but I live in Tennessee and he's a die-hard Braves fan so we'll be at the Braves-Marlins game!

Anyway, I hope y'all like this chapter! Please don't forget to vote and comment!❤️