Disbanded

The lodge had not been used in over a year. Even then, all its rooms weren't occupied for probably even longer. It's three story plus basement made it a massive maze and playground. There were rooms the group had never even explored despite coming up here every year for the past 4 years.

Secrets were wedged into every door space and corner of the place. Each one of them waiting anxiously to be set free.

"Where do you keep the firewood again?" Kiku questioned, opening up the basement door.

"I think they're by the boxes of old silverware." Alfred pointed over to a mass space of boxes and shelves, not really being specific on where he pointed.

Inside the basement was a vast room with many objects and furniture that was unused. There were all sorts of random things scattered about. From the entrance there could be seen a bat, books, a dollhouse, pots and pans, folders, and a metal chair. That was only the surface of the great sea of objects that could be found.

Along with the different objects were two separate fence gates that accessed a tunnel for each gate. No one ever traveled through there since they were usually locked and Alfred's parents advised them to not venture anywhere beyond the cabin lodge. However, the American and Asian didn't realize this, the gates were unlocked.

Kiku made his way over between the shelves, carefully stepping over a box filled with clothes that had fallen over. As he scanned the space for the firewood, Alfred wandered about to his own curiosity.

"Yo, you still into those anime shows?" Alfred asked with a little chuckle following his question.

"Of course I am." Kiku replied with a semi-shameful sigh. "You know I always watch those... Why?" Knowing Alfred, a joke was probably going to be the answer.

The American went to grab something, trying to stifle a laugh. "Oh, y'know. Just wondering. 'Cause last time you talked about it you were obsessing over this one show or game about this creepy ass girl murdering high school students."

The Japanese male shuddered, recalling his many nightmare filled nights after he played that game. "Yes, I remember." He had found the firewood by now and knelt down to pick some up. "It was a game. However, they did make it into an anime when people started to like it more. Personally, I thought the game was better since the story differed from the choices the player mak-"

"Boo!"

Kiku's informative chatter was cut short as a scream broke through his words. He jumped backwards out of fright as a messy long black haired doll hung before his eyes, it's moth eaten body reaching out before him. A string was tied around its neck which connected to a stick that was held by a cackling American.

"Haha! Oh my god, dude. That was priceless! Hahaha!" Alfred laughed, using his free hand to hold his side. "You should've seen your face! Man, I wish I would've recorded that!"

Kiku, who was now lying on top of the bundle of clothes on the floor, panted where he sat from the sudden scare. When he regained his breath, he glared up at Alfred.

"Y-You gave me a heart attack!" The 19 year old exclaimed, shakily getting back to his feet. Re-picking up the firewood he so carelessly dropped, he shimmed out from the shelves. "I swear, Alfred. You and your little pranks."

The American snickered, placing a hand on the other's shoulder. "Come on, dude. You know it was clever. You, too, like horror pranks and shit. You gotta admit, it was a good scare."