1

Nicole stares in the mirror looking over her light brown skintone, big brown eyes, and 18 inch weave. As others would tell her, she was a "bad bitch" and she knew it.

She dressed pretty decent for it to be the first day of school, having no need in getting jazzy for the first day, especially her senior year.

The school bathroom door opens, only to have a pretty girl walk in.

"There you are girl!", she says coming over towards the sink next to Nicole, fixing her make-up, "I hope you chose an off period for your last period, because the party's tonight and we need to go shopping" she laughed.

"You know I got you Chy", Nicole laughed, Chyna was Nicole's ride or die friend since grade school. They didn't like each other but once Chyna saw Nicole getting jumped she couldn't let her go out like that, that day Chyna told Nicole how much she envied her and they we inseparable since then.

The bell rung as Chyna and Nicole left the restroom and headed to their class.

Once they entered the class, Chyna sat by her boyfriend, Rashad Michaels, have been dating since freshman year Chyna felt like they're relationship was destined for greatness, however Rashad saw it differently in his eyes.

Nicole grabbed a empty seat that was behind the couple and started texting away on her phone.

She was caught off guard when Chyna whispered,

" I think Jay got a lil' crush", Nicole harshly rolled her eyes at Chyna's comment,

Jalen Jackson? Really?

Jay was a known thug, people say he even sold for Teron.

Teron Lucas, was the most envied druglord in Atlanta. Everybody wanted to be in his circle

Jay is a player type nigga, Nicole could never see herself with him, they used to be friends back in their elementary days.

Finally, the bell rung signaling class was over. Nicole arose and started walking with Chyna and Rashad trailing right behind her.

"So we gon' see you at Raheim party tomorrow night right Nic?", Chyna asked with her friend, Nicole debated on saying no knowing how Heim's parties got once people got liquor in their system. But she just slowly nodded her head.

"But I don't know Chy, Rahs parties always end with either someone getting shot or someone getting arrested.", Rashad laughed at Nicole's answer, even though Raheim was his brother he knew she was being honest.

"Alright Chy, but first bottle I see get thrown, or siren I hear, I'm leaving"

Chyna screamed and started jumping up and down, "Alright deal deal deal ! let me get to my class", she said as the bell rang, Chyna kissed Rashad all over his face before she sped off to class, Nicole and Rashad shared a laugh before heading to class.

The last bell of the day rung, Chyna and Nicole hurried off school grounds since they had a off period they headed straight for the mall.

As they were shopping they spotted one of their old friend's, Lexis, ontop of the she was Raheim's girlfriend and babymother,  Nicole laughed thinking about all the good old times they had before Lexis went off to college.

"Hey Lexis!", Nicole called to her.

do you have to call her over here. Chyna thought.

"Over here!" Nicole yelled, once she noticed Lexis was looking around, she made her way over towards them.

Lexis was a very beautiful woman and her and Raheim made a cute couple. They met through Rashad, both Rashad an Raheim would double date with them until Chyna and Lexis's drama started.

"Hey Girls" Lexis said smiling at Nicole then Chyna.

"Hey Baby", Nicole returned.

"Hey" Chyna said dryly, still feeling the hurt of what took place a while back.

Nicole gave Chyna a look who just rolled her eyes and walked over to the cash register

"Now, don't tell me she's still mad about me going off to college", the girls both shared an uneasy laugh.

"Probably you know she like sticking to plans", Nicole responded, reminiscing about the plan for Alexis to wait until the girls all graduated so they could all go off to college the same time. But Lexis said she had to take her scholarship offer that year.

After that Chyna and Lexis weren't the same, that was two years ago though. But Chyna said some things just can't be forgiven.

"Well hopefully I'll see you at my ugly ass baby daddy birthday party", Lexis said laughing, as one of her friends started approaching them, they hugged then departed ways.

Lexis and Raheim's daughter, Asia, is their 2 year old daughter who was made in Lexis' Junior year.

Nicole roamed around the store before she finally found Chy sitting on a bench playing candy crush on her phone.

"You ready?", she asked cranky, Nicole just simply nodded as she went and paid for her swimsuit.

They walked out to Nicole's all blue BMW and rode to her house.

The ride consisted of an awkward silence until Nicole sparked a conversation, "Lexis is going to be at the party", she laughed uneasy, only to receive a dry nod from her friend.

Nicole sighed before saying,"Chyna you really should just try to understand her man, she's good people I swear", Chyna was the type of person where if she didn't like you, there's no changing it, but even she changed for me.

"I just don't like the way she dipped on us.. Hell YOU shouldn't like the way she dipped on us", she replied, Nicole felt as if she was just picking with Lexis, But she left it alone once she heard her favorite song begin to play on the radio.

"This. IS. MY. JAM", Nicole laughed as she started twerking in her seat. Chyna turned it up as she started fixing her hair as if she was in the music video.

They started singing along to Beyonce's Don't Hurt Yourself

Who the fuck do you think I is ? You ain't married no average bitch boy
You can watch my fat ass twist boy. As I bounce to the next dick boy.
And keep your money I got my own. Get a bigger smile on my face being alone. Bad Motherfucker. God complex. Motivate your ass call me Malcolm X. Yo operator. Or innovator. Fuck you hater. You'll never recreate her no. Hell no.

They laughed as they were pulling up to Nicole's house.

She unlocked the door and headed straight to the kitchen to get food.

As she opened the refrigerator, she pulled out some orange chicken with a note on it :

Be back tomorrow morning, got called in early. Love you - mom

Nicole just shook her head, at her mother always over-working, since Nicole's father was murdered she had three jobs, two during the week one on the weekend. Nicole's father was her world no doubt, then again she was 14 when she found out about his unsolved death.

He was number one on the list of most notorious kingpins, but that was before they moved to Texas, they used to stay in south Philly. But it got real vicious out there.

It was a eat or be eaten world in philly.

Even though they had money her mother wanted to make sure they were "set for life", and Nicole couldn't love her more for that.

They never found out who murdered my dad, because whats done in the dark must always come to the light right?