Friday Night

Eight. Hours.   

Eight long hours that I hadn't thought I'd survive in this hell hole, but by some miracle of heaven I did.

Barely.

Most of the day was spent trying to avoid hallway douchebag- which could have worked- if he wasn't in half my classes. I thought life was supposed to be better here but its clear some devine power likes playing sick jokes in my life. Between Madison's glaring in the hall and McDouchebag's attempts to annoy me I can tell this won't be an easy semester. Luckily, I have a special talent for staying under the radar, hopefully it will kick in soon.

  I closed my locker for the final time today and hiked my backpack over my shoulders. "Trishabear! Its finally time!" I turned to find Jocelyn up close and in my personal space with a big smile on her face, something I expected she always had. Jade grabbed Jocelyn and pulled her back, smiling sympathetically at me "Sorry bout that, it's like you're a new toy she's been dying to have." I countered with a smirk, just glad it hadn't been the high heeled bitch or the douche again. "It's fine, I'm just glad to have friends at this point actually, you know with the whole face situation, but uh let's just stick to Trish for now jocelyn, please?" Jocelyn poked out her lip in disappointment but nodded anyway. Jade gave her sister a look that said 'You're crazy but I love you'.

"So what is it finally time for anyways" the twins looked at each other having some unspoken conversation, Jade breaking the contact first " So, we were both wondering if you wanted to come to our house friday night and hang out, make this friendship official huh?" She thankfully answered before the word vomit could spill out of Jocelyn. I laughed nervously, I don't know if they've noticed but getting close to people wasn't something I liked doing; it only made things more difficult in the past. "Um I'm not sure-" Jocelyn escaped her sisters grip and latched onto my arm, "Come on Trishabear! You have toooooooo! Pleaseeeee!" I knew I might regret this, before moving in with my aunt doing things like this wouldn't have ever been an option before but maybe...things could be different now maybe I could give normal a try. I took a breath and nodded slowly giving the bubbly beauty a small smile "OK... I'll still have to ask my aunt but I'm sure she won't stop me from finally being a normal teenager" Jocelyn already looked like she might implode from happiness while Jade exuded a quiet satisfaction.

I will never get over how uniquely different they are.

"Great! I'm so excited! We could lay out by the pool or make some cookies or- OH! We could watch a horror movie! How fun would that be right!?" A human being shouldn't be able to say so much without breathing, and horror movies? That's a major curve ball, I'd never guess by looking at her. "Ok ok Joce you're seriously scaring the poor girl, let's let her go home before she changes her mind." I could tell Jocelyn's mind was still bursting with ideas really to pop out of her mouth but Jade pulled her away quickly calling, "See ya later Trish" before the disappeared around the corner and out of my view. I couldn't help but smile a bit more as I looked after them. I liked them both a lot, and really hope I don't screw it up.

********

My aunt had been surprised I wanted to go out and she had agreed without too much prodding, even though I could tell she'd eventually want to know every detail. But friday night came faster than expected and standing outside the address Jocelyn had written for me, in sparkly gel pen. A big blue house with white shutters, it seemed everything was big around here. I was really considering just calling my aunt and asking her to turn around instead of dealing with the butterflies thrashing in my stomach. Don't be stupid trish, you're already here and you've been through way scarier than this just do it already. Taking a breath and shakily letting it out I went to knock but it opened before my hand could even connect. I hadn't known what to expect when the door opened but...

It definitely wasn't this.

A/N: I'm going to be completely honest and admit I was really thrown by how many people had started to read this book. How many messages I saw and read in the comments about updating after opening this app and logging in for the first time since I was about 15 years old. Like, I'm going into my sophomore year of college now and I didn't think I'd find so many people were liking it after this long and at this point.  Of course, being me I had to finish this chapter after leaving it for YEARS now but it was a bit difficult to write this seeing as my writing style has changed and the things I like to write about are drastically different compared to back then. It was fun getting into my old mindset and writing style and challenging myself and I think I'd like to keep doing this to see how far I can push this without letting the tone change too much. But forgive me if it does I'm pretty different than I was then but I will try my best for you in order to have some fun!

Please comment and message me any ideas or thoughts you might have on  this story and talk about it! I may share some things I've worked on in the time since I wrote this, so let me know if you would like to see that as well.

Thanks!
~Danny