Chapter 7

Josh and I made our way to the cafeteria after History and sat down at the 'squad' table.
Troye and Hayley were babbling away at what music to play at Hayley's, whilst Brendon and Josh were standing in the line looking back at the table frequently and returning to their conversation.

'So!', said Melanie interrupting my daydream 'Tyler, I know very little about you and vice versa, let us get to know one another', I smiled at her.
You could see Melanie was nothing but a kind person. I began telling her little parts about my family and then for some reason gushed about music. I began to tell her where my inspirations came from.

Just as I was explaining to her a particular part from a music video by the Killers I looked up to see 5 faces staring intently at me. They were all listening to me without me even realising.

I blushed a bright pink colour and stopped talking hoping one of them would fill the silence but instead Troye prompted me
'Keep going Ty! This is the most I've heard you talk!'
Hayley kept asking me about the music video, she really seemed to enjoy the topic of music. Quite frankly, they all did. We bonded over bands. Over music. We had found a common ground. And I had found friends.
My very own clique.

'Ty what are you wearing tomorrow?' Said Troye and Mel, 'Ehm, I'm not quite sure, clothes?' I replied, not really knowing how to respond. Josh gave a mumbled chuckle and I couldn't help but stare at him. His laugh was melodic.
You hear of people saying how 'oh their voice sounded like bells, like music etc' and the concept never really clicked with me until that point. In that moment I wanted to be the funniest person in the world to make that boy smile

The lunch bell rang and we all packed our stuff away. We said our goodbyes before going to class.
The next time I would see them would be at Hayley's. My first party.

Maybe I should have listened to Troye more, what should I wear? Do I have to bring a present? It's not Hayley's birthday though, wait, is it? My mom always said never to turn up to a house empty-handed, but what if that's the wrong thing.

My mind buzzed with thoughts as Ms.Kelly started the Art lesson.